Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Court Papers - north Middlesex uni Hosp trust- pls help :(
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
notacashcow
These people really get under my skin. Wardens and the like.
I mean, how can a half hour stop in a carpark which is a few roads down from the hospital (Not on the hospital grounds, as far as i knew) equate to a breach of contract? What contract?? And now they want £130 + costs and are taking me to court

I posted on the CAG forum and a member there quoted a very useful post originally from a member here, Bargepole.

I plan to returned the Acknowledgement of Service tomorrow and tick the, intend to defend the claim in full box, I really cant afford the 130 at the moment.

Can someone please direct me to a template as my writing capabilities are crap, as you can see. I believe Ineed to:

"send a letter to their solicitors demanding a copy of the contract that the University Trust has with the landowner that allows them to take legal action in their own name. Your entitlement to this is as "discovery" (as it used to be called) and you wish to consider this before you supply a defence. If they wont give you sight of the contract then you can ask the court to strike out their claim ashaving no "locus standi" (right to be at court)"

But i dont know how to get it across correctly....

Please

Thank you
Gan
Read up a few Trethowans threads

It's a disgrace that NHS funds are being used to take a £40 claim to court
I'm sure the local newspaper would love this

Go to the Parking Prankster site and download his guide before going off half-cocked with letters
It's written for readers defending ParkingEye claims but many of the principles will be the same :

Location not disclosed
Visibility of signs ?
What did they really say ?
Who has the legal capacity to offer parking ?
Has their client really made £40 loss ?

I'm cautious about asking why they think you didn't display a valid permit
Assume Trethowans are reading and have identified this thread

Don't post anything that you wouldn't be happy for a judge to read
Albert Ross
Quicker than the Freedom of Information Act:

You can walk in off the street and get the information.

It will be in Asset Registers and Information Asset Registers.

Just need to ask to see the public register for XXXX Car Park. Specify Public Register It should include a map; value, and [If it is leased] lease years remaining.

Was the ticket by the hospital or a contractor?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.