Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Park direct uxbridge
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
1147peter
Hi

I have received a parking charge notice for stopping for 10 seconds in uxbridge. The two photos show 19.04.12 with my car in one position then another position further on at 19.04.29. So I didn't park / wait. Also the notice states the contravention time as 19.05?

I have seen a letter from other user to park direct and have written an appeal / refusal to pay. I expect a standard letter back refusing my appeal.

What is the likely hood of winning this when, sorry if it gets to popla?

Any help greatly appreciated and am new to all of this forum stuff

Peter
ManxRed
Your likelihood of winning at POPLA is approx 100%.

You MUST ensure that the correct appeal wording is used (for POPLA, don't worry about the appeal to Park Direct - they'll reject anything you say). For example you can query the time period (insufficient time to read the signs = no contract formed), but you must also query other legal points such as the fact that the sum they are seeking bears no relation to any genuine pre-estimate of loss suffered as a result of breaching any terms and conditions (even assuming a contract WAS formed), and that you do not believe they have the necessary legal standing on the land to offer parking or pursue charges in their own name.

There are some good POPLA appeals in the Completed Cases sub-forum, but for now your objective is to get the POPLA code from Park Direct with their inevitable rejection of your appeal.

Come back when you get that.
1147peter
[quote name='ManxRed' post='960936' date='Thu, 15 May 2014 - 16:14']Your likelihood of winning at POPLA is approx 100%.

You MUST ensure that the correct appeal wording is used (for POPLA, don't worry about the appeal to Park Direct - they'll reject anything you say). For example you can query the time period (insufficient time to read the signs = no contract formed), but you must also query other legal points such as the fact that the sum they are seeking bears no relation to any genuine pre-estimate of loss suffered as a result of breaching any terms and conditions (even assuming a contract WAS formed), and that you do not believe they have the necessary legal standing on the land to offer parking or pursue charges in their own name.

There are some good POPLA appeals in the Completed Cases sub-forum, but for now your objective is to get the POPLA code from Park Direct with their inevitable rejection of your appeal.

Come back when you get that.

Many thanks will post again when I get rejection letter.....do they actually allow any appeals at park direct?
ManxRed
Not that I know of, although they might get shy of any appeal that gets all legal in the first place, and give it up as a certain loss (they have to pay POPLA for every appeal submitted, they end up making a loss on those tickets).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.