Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DYL Width & Applicability?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
AFCNEAL
Although in relation to another thread of mine ( http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=89845 ) - Mods please merge if you think appropriate, I've opened a separate one due to the specifics of the question and usefulness of the answer (maybe!) to others.

DYLs - according to Schedule 6 they are to be 75mm in width, 100mm from the kerb. Those outside my premises are 50mm wide only as per this morning's measurement.

What is the Real-World significance? Does this make the parking restrictions non-applicable.....can't be that simple surely?
Incandescent
QUOTE (AFCNEAL @ Fri, 2 May 2014 - 10:07) *
Although in relation to another thread of mine ( http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=89845 ) - Mods please merge if you think appropriate, I've opened a separate one due to the specifics of the question and usefulness of the answer (maybe!) to others.

DYLs - according to Schedule 6 they are to be 75mm in width, 100mm from the kerb. Those outside my premises are 50mm wide only as per this morning's measurement.

What is the Real-World significance? Does this make the parking restrictions non-applicable.....can't be that simple surely?

There is provision in the legislation for "narrow" yellow lines where standard ones spoil the ambience of a place, (like pretty, touristy, Cotswold villages !!), but I'm not sure that the defined width is. I doubt using this a grounds for an appeal will win an adjudication.
DancingDad
What adjudicators look for nowadays is substantial compliance.

If it looks like a DYL and conveys the restriction, they are very unlikely to require strict acceptance to the diagrams in TSRGD.
Sorry but none starter IMO
AFCNEAL
Thanks both - I suspected as much. I'll use it as a stick to beat them with if necessary, but no more than that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.