Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UKPC ticket on windscreen. Lease/hire/company car.
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Lesz
Hello. I drive company car and swapped cars last week, but forgot to grab my residents permit. It took few days to get it back and I have received 3 parking charge notices. I've seen advice about waiting for notice to keeper, but with company/hire/lease cars course of action is different and I would like to ask you guys/ladies for guidance. In addition: I own the flat and probably the parking space as well (haven't checked the lease yet), also they have put wrong street on tickets. Thanks for your help.
ManxRed
Check your lease.

Appeal all three tickets independently, on the grounds that no financial loss has been suffered.

Tell us what it says in the lease about the space or about the requirement to display a permit. It should say that you are entitled to quiet enjoyment of the property (which should include the space), and nothing about permits.
Lesz
I checked the lease and it does say something like that. Right to use space and nothing about permits.
SchoolRunMum
QUOTE (Lesz @ Mon, 28 Apr 2014 - 18:36) *
I checked the lease and it does say something like that. Right to use space and nothing about permits.

In this thread on MSE I cover how to appeal, what wording to use and the fact you have to appeal now, if it's a lease/hire/company vehicle:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Just change the template opening words to 'I am the driver and...'

ManxRed
QUOTE (Lesz @ Mon, 28 Apr 2014 - 18:36) *

Given you've received three tickets already, I would advise you put the Management Company on notice of trespass:

Dear Management Company,

I hereby withdraw all implied access to the parking space (identify the space in question) to you, your employees, agents and subcontractors (including, but not limited to, UKPC Ltd). Any incursion on this space will be deemed as an act of trespass and action may be taken accordingly.

Yours,

XXX

The fact of the matter is that the management company can only employ a parking company to operate on the communal areas of the car park. To operate on your space (and probably everyone else's if we can assume they have the same lease conditions) they either need your written consent, or they need to vary the terms of the lease. If they mention signs then you need to know that the Lease trumps any signs on site by a considerable margin.
bama
yup
and see
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum...e-for-trespass-
so they can't really claim ignorance now can they
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.