Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking Eye lose in Liverpool
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
donnad
Hi Everyone,

Well had my day in court today and Won biggrin.gif

Judge decided that as my husband had asked about his car at reception and the receptionist said it was fine and to proceed to his meeting then the hotel had discharged my
husband of any contractual responsibility (or words to that effect).

The gentleman from LPC argued that as the signs clearly say you need to register your car at reception and pulled out P.E. signage plan saying that there where 21 signs in the
car park . I pointed out that in an email from the Hotel manager which stated that there where 5 signs in the car park and 2 very large signs telling guests to report to reception,
" So it does " said the Judge. The Judge then went on to say that " It didn't matter how many signs there where or whether there where flashing lights and buzzers, the fact
the fact remains that my husband had done all he could and that when the receptionist said " that's fine you are all booked in " then that was it he had permission to park.

The LPC guy also gave me a copy of the contract but it was redacted and dated 2 months after the event but it didn't matter.

Also and most interestingly, I had sent a letter to the court and P.E rebutting J.L witness statement and asking for him to be present for questions, the Judge asked why he
wasn't present and whether I wanted to adjourn or proceed, I was quite tempted as I thought there might be a few people who would like to ask him some questions but decided
just to get it over with.

so now to the thank you's

Kirbyinfurnesslad Thank you for sending me back to the hotel to complain, their email came in handy! x

Schoolrunmum Thank you for pointing me in the right direction and helping with letters to P.E x

Lynnzer Thanks for making me laugh on a day I wanted to cry x

Instrumentof joy, JLC , Stevensan and bama Thank you for your help and support x

And last but by no means lest THE BIGGEST THANK YOU goes to SALMOSALARIS icon_cheers.gif and PARKING PRANKSTER for their endless patience helping with my defence,
answering all my questions and just being wonderful, THANK YOU,THANK YOU & THANK YOU

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=84009&st=0

jim C
A satisfactory ending and well done, does anybody know if JL has ever been present at court to defend PE that's assuming he even exists.
Glacier2
JL has never appeared in any PE cases to date.
DBC
Yet again PE can't seem to get their signage plans right and more disparity over contract dates.
hoohoo
QUOTE (jim C @ Wed, 9 Apr 2014 - 17:16) *
A satisfactory ending and well done, does anybody know if JL has ever been present at court to defend PE that's assuming he even exists.

JL does exist, but has never been in court.
Alex Cooke also exists and been in court once.
EDW
QUOTE (hoohoo @ Wed, 9 Apr 2014 - 17:19) *

Alex Cooke also exists and been in court once.

never seen in the same room.

Coincidence?

I think not.
MMM
Brilliant!

Well done blob7.gif

A spanking in court for Parking Eye is now a very frequent occurence and it must be costing PE a shedload of cash (not only in hired gun legal costs but also by making their 2nd stage payment from Crapita even less likely).

Getting JL and his big box of redacting crayons there would have been an achievement as would be getting the once fragrant Rachel there too (Liverpool is not too far from Chorley either they could have made a day of it)

Did you get any costs?

Regards

MMM
farmerboy
Always nice to come in from work and see that ParkingEye have had another loss. Whats that 5 this week so far?. They really need to update their news page on their site. Still dated from September 13
and claiming 90% success rate. I don't think so, losers!! biggrin.gif
bama
You feel good
I knew that you would
(apologies to James Brown)

what costs you get ?
donnad
QUOTE (bama @ Wed, 9 Apr 2014 - 19:47) *
You feel good
I knew that you would

what costs you get ?

Sadly none, I was going to ask but decided to leg-it in case the Judge changed his mind biggrin.gif
bama
once he has pronounced....
luminous
QUOTE (donnad @ Wed, 9 Apr 2014 - 20:39) *
You feel good
I knew that you would

what costs you get ?

Sadly none, I was going to ask but decided to leg-it in case the Judge changed his mind biggrin.gif

What a shame sad.gif Once you have won you can ask. Its limited to £90 for a litigant in person, plus direct costs to attend court. One of those costs is of course parking, and its just a wonderful feeling asking them to pay for you parking, and being awarded it smile.gif

Next time.....
donnad
QUOTE (luminous @ Wed, 9 Apr 2014 - 20:57) *
QUOTE (donnad @ Wed, 9 Apr 2014 - 20:39) *
You feel good
I knew that you would

what costs you get ?

What a shame sad.gif Once you have won you can ask. Its limited to £90 for a litigant in person, plus direct costs to attend court. One of those costs is of course parking, and its just a wonderful feeling asking them to pay for you parking, and being awarded it smile.gif

Next time.....

I realise that now, hindsight eh! but I did charge my husband an expensive bottle of perfume for all my hard work smile.gif

well done on your case too xxx
Salmosalaris
Great stuff
And nice to see both an unrepresented defendant win and a DJ rule just because something is written on a sign somewhere it doesn't necessarily entitle PE to claim a ridiculous sum of money
Anyone watching in Eaton Avenue , what's the score now ?
stevensan
excellent result. Another great example that these bully's can be beaten if people are prepared to stand up for the rights!
ManxRed
Terrific. Well done to all concerned.
kommando
Well done and all the helpers too .
BikerPaul

It's an open secret that Jonathan Langham has been or is about to be served with a Witness Summons for a case in Swindon. If he does not attend, a warrant without bail will be requested.

Rachel Ledson has TTBOMK been similarly summonsed and will be similarly treated if she fails to attend. That will, of course, end her career as an Officer of the Court.
jim C
QUOTE (BikerPaul @ Thu, 10 Apr 2014 - 10:28) *

It's an open secret that Jonathan Langham has been or is about to be served with a Witness Summons for a case in Swindon. If he does not attend, a warrant without bail will be requested.

Rachel Ledson has TTBOMK been similarly summonsed and will be similarly treated if she fails to attend. That will, of course, end her career as an Officer of the Court.

Would this be one of the 'stayed' cases in the Cambridge area or a completely separate case.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.