Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CCTV Car
FightBack Forums > Queries > Technical Discussion of Enforcement Devices
j_nichol20

Hi there,

I am worrying myself and I am hoping someone can help me.

I have just come back from the school run. When driving down the road (which is a one way road) there was nowhere to park but see a lady putting her children in the car so would have been leaving so I went to pull over on double yellows for a minute before the lady moved but noticed a CCTV car. I indicated and went to pull over but noticed the CCTV car before I did and carried on driving. I just wanted to confirm that you have to actually be stopped to get the ticket?

Many thanks
Janine
albert2008
QUOTE (j_nichol20 @ Wed, 2 Apr 2014 - 09:25) *
Hi there,

I indicated and went to pull over but noticed the CCTV car before I did and carried on driving. I just wanted to confirm that you have to actually be stopped to get the ticket?

if your wheels kept turning, then you did not park,
Hippocrates
Hi there,

I have just come back from the school run. When driving down the road (which is a one way road) there was nowhere to park but see a lady putting her children in the car so would have been leaving so I went to pull over on double yellows for a minute before the lady moved but noticed a CCTV car. I indicated and went to pull over but noticed the CCTV car before I did and carried on driving. I just wanted to confirm that you have to actually be stopped to get the ticket?

Many thanks
Janine

What was the car doing in that minute? Did you stop the car or not? It is not clear.
sgtdixie
QUOTE (Hippocrates @ Wed, 2 Apr 2014 - 12:42) *
Hi there,

Many thanks
Janine

What was the car doing in that minute? Did you stop the car or not? It is not clear.

I think it is.
j_nichol20

Wheels were moving at all times. I only indicated to pull over but saw the CCTV car and carried on driving!
I did think I was safe but needed it confirmed for peace of mind (I know the council will try anything to fine someone!!)
Only just finished appealing 2 PCN's- didn't fancy going through that again (although I did win the appeals smile.gif )

Thank you for your replies
Hippocrates
QUOTE (sgtdixie @ Wed, 2 Apr 2014 - 13:10) *
QUOTE (Hippocrates @ Wed, 2 Apr 2014 - 12:42) *
Hi there,

Many thanks
Janine

I think it is.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q...kzxFo8RtT5FvaQ5

I am not wheely that stupid , tho.

QUOTE (j_nichol20 @ Wed, 2 Apr 2014 - 17:22) *
Wheels were moving at all times. I only indicated to pull over but saw the CCTV car and carried on driving!
I did think I was safe but needed it confirmed for peace of mind (I know the council will try anything to fine someone!!)
Only just finished appealing 2 PCN's- didn't fancy going through that again (although I did win the appeals smile.gif )

Thank you for your replies

Which council, BTW?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.