Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN for overstaying in pay and display by 3 mins
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
mjf79
Hi All

Any help appreciated. I have received the PCN scanned attached for overstaying in a Shared use (Pay and Display / Business) bay. Scan of my parking receipt and images of signs/bays (taken a few days later) also attached.

I was using the car for a work appointment at the time and have a business permit for neighbouring Haringey. The work appointment I was on took slightly longer than expected (the owner's cat had disappeared and I was checking the cellar as I didn't want to risk locking it down there as the owner was not in!). I thought I would make it back to the car just in time by my watch, but the CEO had just put the ticket on my car as I got back to it (at 15:01) and was taking photos. I've emailed Islington and requested the images taken. The CEO informed me there is no grace period.

Would anyone in the know be able to look at the PCN and images to see if there are any errors I can use in appeal please?

I've also since heard that Islington do offer a grace period for commercial vehicles - can I argue this as I was at work and does anyone know if this is true?

Should I include that 2-3 minutes is such a small period as to fall under de minimus?

Should I also ask Islington for the CEO's notes and proof he synchronised his machine with the P&D before his shift?

Thanks for any help in advance!

SchoolRunMum
I've also since heard that Islington do offer a grace period for commercial vehicles - can I argue this as I was at work and does anyone know if this is true?

Google stuff like 'Islington parking charter' or Islington parking code of practice' to try to find a stated policy. Or ask them by email for their parking enforcement policy.

Should I include that 2-3 minutes is such a small period as to fall under de minimus?

Should I also ask Islington for the CEO's notes and proof he synchronised his machine with the P&D before his shift?

Yes and yes, I would say.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.