Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help bailiff notice received at old address , no PCn or other notice
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Shomoo
Need help on bailiff notice received . Slightly odd situation therefore wondering what to do;
I came to know about a hand delivered notice from bailiff in my old address on 18th march; it is for an unpaid pcn issued by Harrow council from early 2012!
I have since then sold the car in August 2013.
I have moved house 3 times since 2012 and the bailiff notice has gone to my previous address in 2013.

Can the bailiffs track me to new address? I received the notice info from my letting agent who has my forwarding address.
I did not receive any warrant of execution or notice to owner in my previous address where my car was last registered.
Wondering what is my best course of action.
Shall I fill in a out of time witness statement or contact the council directly or both?
Is it the form pe2 and pe3?
Can it be filled online?
Any urgent response will be of great help.
Kind regards
Shomoo
Neil B
QUOTE (Shomoo @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 01:13) *
Is it the form pe2 and pe3?
Can it be filled online?

1/. Good start but maybe not. It depends what the PCN was for; Do you know? Parking or something else?

2/. Yes but still need a signed copy so you'd have to print them after typing in boxes, then sign, then scan and send as an attachment by e-mail.
(I recently have and advantage is you get an instant acknowledgement.)

+++ get them right. Do you know how to complete those forms?
2cupsofcoffee
Shomoo

1. On the bailiff's notice check for a client reference - if it's two letters followed by numbers, that may well be the PCN number.

2. Phone TEC on 01604 619450, option 6 and explain and ask them if they have a record of a warrant issued with that as a PCN number. If they say yes, ask for details - what it was for, WHEN warrant was issued, WHAT address it was issued to and ask them to EMAIL you the appropriate forms for a Stat Dec. GET ADVICE HERE ON HOW TO FILL IT IN. Also ask them if the warrant has ever been reissued and if so, on what date and to what address.

3. Did you keep copies/notes of when you updated the logbook for the car? Do these correspond to the dates you moved address? This is important - make a list.

4. AFTER you have got the advice here on how to fill in the form correctly, return by email, get your automatic acknowledgement and only then, contact the council and tell them that OOT app has been filed and to call off the bailiffs. Insist that they send you confirmation by email.

Harrow are notorious.

Yes, the bailiffs can trace you - it recently happened to a friend of mine. It was not a pleasant experience.
Shomoo
QUOTE (2cupsofcoffee @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 08:22) *
Shomoo

1. On the bailiff's notice check for a client reference - if it's two letters followed by numbers, that may well be the PCN number.

2. Phone TEC on 01604 619450, option 6 and explain and ask them if they have a record of a warrant issued with that as a PCN number. If they say yes, ask for details - what it was for, WHEN warrant was issued, WHAT address it was issued to and ask them to EMAIL you the appropriate forms for a Stat Dec. GET ADVICE HERE ON HOW TO FILL IT IN. Also ask them if the warrant has ever been reissued and if so, on what date and to what address.

3. Did you keep copies/notes of when you updated the logbook for the car? Do these correspond to the dates you moved address? This is important - make a list.

4. AFTER you have got the advice here on how to fill in the form correctly, return by email, get your automatic acknowledgement and only then, contact the council and tell them that OOT app has been filed and to call off the bailiffs. Insist that they send you confirmation by email.

Harrow are notorious.

Yes, the bailiffs can trace you - it recently happened to a friend of mine. It was not a pleasant experience.

Thanks 2cupsofcoffee for the advice.
3. I hv already sold the car and don't have the exact data. I remember the rough dates and it was mostly within 15 days of moving.
4. Are you suggesting not to call harrow before filing in the form? I am ok to pay the original fine as my point is I did not receive the PCN or any further notice in my either of the 2 old addresses. Is that not valid argument? Do the council not send any further reminder or notice beyond 1st PCN letter?
Also my car was registered in my old address since mid-2012, didn't get any notice at all.
Do I need to provide details of address change etc in the OOT form?
The original PCN was not a parking ticket, probably a camera snap of sort.
Any suggestions would be great help
2cupsofcoffee
If it's a camera offence then it's a postal PCN. It will have been sent to the address that the car was registered at ON THE DATE OF THE OFFENCE.

So - it is perfectly possible to get snapped on Day 1, move on Day 2 and update your details at DVLA BUT all the paperwork goes to the address on Day 1. This is why it is really important to sort out the dates (even if rough) of address moves and corresponding changes sent to DVLA.

This is why you need to phone TEC and get the info from them. Then report back here with ALL the info and people will advise you.

Harrow will NOT be interested in you trying to pay the original fine at this stage. They are seriously in bed with their bailiffs. If you phone them this morning with your new address before you have filed the OOT you will probably have a bailiff on your doorstep 30 minutes later. You MUST gather all the evidence and you MUST take advice from other people on here on exactly what wording to use to file the OOT.

BUT they can't help you if you don't have the information to give them.

2cups
Neil B
QUOTE (2cupsofcoffee @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 08:22) *
Shomoo

Harrow are notorious.

Your own experience has made you very good at this 2cups!!
2cupsofcoffee
blush.gif Thanks, Neil

Auntie and I got so much help on here that it's only right to reciprocate.
Neil B
QUOTE (2cupsofcoffee @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 10:53) *
blush.gif Thanks, Neil

Auntie and I got so much help on here that it's only right to reciprocate.

That's how virtually all of us started!!
Shomoo
QUOTE (2cupsofcoffee @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 09:48) *
If it's a camera offence then it's a postal PCN. It will have been sent to the address that the car was registered at ON THE DATE OF THE OFFENCE.

So - it is perfectly possible to get snapped on Day 1, move on Day 2 and update your details at DVLA BUT all the paperwork goes to the address on Day 1. This is why it is really important to sort out the dates (even if rough) of address moves and corresponding changes sent to DVLA.

This is why you need to phone TEC and get the info from them. Then report back here with ALL the info and people will advise you.

Harrow will NOT be interested in you trying to pay the original fine at this stage. They are seriously in bed with their bailiffs. If you phone them this morning with your new address before you have filed the OOT you will probably have a bailiff on your doorstep 30 minutes later. You MUST gather all the evidence and you MUST take advice from other people on here on exactly what wording to use to file the OOT.

BUT they can't help you if you don't have the information to give them.

2cups

2cups
Thanks I hv got the details now.
Warrant was executed 1st on 10th cot and reissued on 2nd dec 2013. This has been sent to my recent OLD address hence I did not receive it till date. My letting agent forwarded bailiff hand delivered letter from last week to me yesterday
I sold the car around mid oct 2013
The PCN is from 19th mar 2012.
I moved from my earlier old address to the old address above around march 2012 and hence did not receive any PCN notice.
Sine then I.e. Mar 2012 I did not receive any notification till I moved again and sold my car at the same time in oct 2013.
I hv got the forms and in process of filling up.
Any advice on wording? I don't have the old car's log book or anything. One reason why bailiffs are going to recent old address is the car is not in my name since oct 2013
Neil B
QUOTE (Shomoo @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 11:50) *
Warrant was executed 1st on 10th cot
Que??

Oh sorry, penny dropped - 10th Oct.

2012 or 2013???

wording in a mo.

QUOTE (Shomoo @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 09:13) *

FOR WHAT?? It's crucial!!!
Shomoo
QUOTE (Neil B @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 12:01) *
Que??

2012 or 2013???

wording in a mo.

Warrant issued 10th October 2013 then reissued 2nd dec 2013
PCn offence dated 19th march 2012; log book updated around same time ; applied in February end received march 2012; notice probably went to old address then in Manchester while log book updated to be in amersham from March . That's where vehicle was registered till sold in mid October . I moved house just before that....
Neil B
Soory but LISTEN!

It is CRUCIAL you complete the correct forms.

Sorry if I've missed it but WHA IS THE PCN FOR???
bama
seconded
thirded
and fourthed !!
2cupsofcoffee
Wot Neil said.

Can you do us a timeline please - like below -filling in ALL the moves/letters etc

19 March 2012. PCN issued for ????

DATE moved from Address 1 to Address 2

DATE updated V5 with DVLA (you said applied in February end received march 2012 - do you have exact dates?

10th October YEAR warrant issued to Address ? (presume Address 1?)

2nd December YEAR, warrant reissued to Address 2 (please confirm)
Shomoo
QUOTE (Shomoo @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 12:06) *
QUOTE (Neil B @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 12:01) *
Que??

2012 or 2013???

wording in a mo.

Warrant issued 10th October 2013 then reissued 2nd dec 2013
PCn offence dated 19th march 2012; log book updated around same time ; applied in February end received march 2012; notice probably went to old address then in Manchester while log book updated to be in amersham from March . That's where vehicle was registered till sold in mid October . I moved house just before that....

The notice was for some moving offence. Just checked in the harrow website with pictures. Suggest it is a camera or lane violation offence
Neil B
Well, ok, if you're sure then PE2 and 3 are the correct ones.

Will need witnessing at your local County Court (free).

For the PE3 it's just a tick box and single sentence. tick - did not receive PCN if I'm remembering what you've said here correctly.

PE2 is just to explain why you are late. Your OWN words but post it up here to check if you want.

Basically;
First you knew of the situation was ---------
Why --- moved.

Don't complicate it too much.

and, although it doesn't sound likely in your case, DON'T raise any issues about the PCN itself.

hope that helps.
Shomoo
QUOTE (2cupsofcoffee @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 12:22) *
Wot Neil said.

Can you do us a timeline please - like below -filling in ALL the moves/letters etc

19 March 2012. PCN issued for ????

DATE moved from Address 1 to Address 2

DATE updated V5 with DVLA (you said applied in February end received march 2012 - do you have exact dates?

10th October YEAR warrant issued to Address ? (presume Address 1?)

2nd December YEAR, warrant reissued to Address 2 (please confirm)

19 mar 2012 PCN issued for moving traffic,bus lane offence
DATE moved from Address 1 to Address 2 : approx February 2012
Applied for v5 update in February 2012 received march end; don't remember exact dates
10th oct 2013 warrant issued to address 2
Reissued on 2nd dec 2013 to address 2
I hv moved out of address 2 before 10th october 2013 to address 3 where I am currently; sold car in mid October 2013; did not update v5 for few days to address 3
Bailiff notice delivered to address 2 on or before 18th march 2014
I received the notice from agent yesterday
Neil B

Ultimately, when you've got it reset, you should be able to beat the entire thing because the progress of enforcement being delayed so long is 100% unreasonable.
Shomoo
QUOTE (Neil B @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 12:36) *
Well, ok, if you're sure then PE2 and 3 are the correct ones.

Will need witnessing at your local County Court (free).

For the PE3 it's just a tick box and single sentence. tick - did not receive PCN if I'm remembering what you've said here correctly.

PE2 is just to explain why you are late. Your OWN words but post it up here to check if you want.

Basically;
First you knew of the situation was ---------
Why --- moved.

Don't complicate it too much.

and, although it doesn't sound likely in your case, DON'T raise any issues about the PCN itself.

hope that helps.

Many thanks
2cupsofcoffee

this bit doesn't make sense - same addresses?
Shomoo
QUOTE (2cupsofcoffee @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 12:40) *

this bit doesn't make sense - same addresses?

Yes. This is perhaps due to fact I sold the car in mid-cot and it was still registered to address 2. Hence bailiff has gone to address 2 instead of address 3 , my current address
2cupsofcoffee
No, still doesn't make sense. A warrant doesn't get reissued to the SAME address.
Shomoo
QUOTE (2cupsofcoffee @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 13:03) *
No, still doesn't make sense. A warrant doesn't get reissued to the SAME address.

I called TEC and asked when warrant was issued as you suggested. They said 1st one on 10th Oct 2013, 2nd one on 2nd Dec 2013;
Perhaps I am ignorant and these are notices or order of recovery ? Are they same as warrant of execution?
I havedrafted the following for reasones . Can you please comment:
For PE3 reasons:
I have not received any PCN through post in any of registered address for the car between March 2012 and Oct 2013.
The PCN offence was dated 19th March 2012 and I applied for change of address to update V5 around same time
having moved house to Address 2 from previous address.
Therefore I was not aware of the PCN at all till today when I called TEC to check.

For PE2:
I knew of the situation first on 25th March 2014, when I was forwarded the bailiff notice delivered to my old address.
This is because I had moved from my old address (14 Linfields, Amersham HP7 9QH) before October 2013 and the the warrants of execution (dated 10/10/2013 and 2/12/2013) and bailiff notice were delivered to this old address;

I have not received any other notification or PCN in the old address (14 Linfields ) when I lived there since March 2012
Earlier, in Feb 2012 I had applied to update V5 to reflect my registered address to be the old address at 14 Linfields
and I received the new V5 towards end March 2012. I therefore did not receive any PCN notice either at old
address (14 Linfileds) or even the address before that as I was moving around that time as well.
Any quick review would be of real help as planning to go to coutny court today

2cupsofcoffee
Phone TEC back and ask them

the address on first warrant
the address on second warrant
exactly what forms you need to fill in

how many addresses are we talking about in total? It seems to be 3 now.

A bailiff must have a valid warrant of execution in order to enforce. This is issued by TEC. The bailiff notice is something scary that they put together themselves.

Can you scan, redact and post all the paperwork you have, please.

But PLEASE give us the info in the format I suggested to make it easier to read and digest.

From Date to Date I was living at Address 1

On Date a (presumably postal?) PCN was issued [bFOR WHAT? YOU SAID YOU LOOKED AT IT ON HARROW WEBSITE - WHAT WAS THE CONTRAVENTION?][/b] and posted to Address ??? on Date

On Date I moved from Address 1 to Address 2

etc etc
Shomoo
QUOTE (2cupsofcoffee @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 13:45) *
Phone TEC back and ask them

the address on first warrant
the address on second warrant
exactly what forms you need to fill in

how many addresses are we talking about in total? It seems to be 3 now.

A bailiff must have a valid warrant of execution in order to enforce. This is issued by TEC. The bailiff notice is something scary that they put together themselves.

Can you scan, redact and post all the paperwork you have, please.

But PLEASE give us the info in the format I suggested to make it easier to read and digest.

From Date to Date I was living at Address 1

On Date a (presumably postal?) PCN was issued [bFOR WHAT? YOU SAID YOU LOOKED AT IT ON HARROW WEBSITE - WHAT WAS THE CONTRAVENTION?][/b] and posted to Address ??? on Date

On Date I moved from Address 1 to Address 2

etc etc

Called TEC. Confirmed warrant issued twice to same address - 14 linfields, amersham
i lived in Stcokport, Mancester till approx mid-feb 2012; lived with friends for few weeks then moved to 14 linfields, Amersham from March 23 2012 - end july 2013;
Then to my current address at Gerards cross - living till date;

PCN offence registered on 19th MArch 2012; Offence is possibly CCTV /moving violation; webite has just some pictures no description; Was possibly sent to Stockport, Manchester address

Order for recovery registered: 14th Aug 2013
Warrants : 10th Oct 2013 and 2nd Dec 2013;
both order and warrants sent to Linfileds, Amersham which was by then my old address as I have moved..

Hope this helps

2cupsofcoffee
1. Is the timeline I have created below correct?

2. get the information/answer the questions in red and report back here.

Until mid Feb 2012 lived in Stockport (Address 1)

Mid Feb – mid-March 2012 lived with friends (in effect, no address)

Sometime in February updated logbook from Address 1 to Address 2; returned by DVLA sometime in March so you updated the logbook to Address 2 BEFORE you moved there?

19 March 2012 PCN issued, possibly to Stockport
phone TEC and ask what the PCN was for and which forms you need to fill in. Ask TEC to email the correct forms to you.

23 March 2012 moved to Address 2

30 July 2013 moved to current address. Did not update logbook.

14 Aug 2013 Order for Recovery to Address 2

10th October 2013 warrant issued to Address 2

Oct 2013: sold car (which was still registered to Address 2)

2nd Dec 2013 warrant re-issued to Address 2
Ask TEC why it was reissued to the same address

25 Mar 2014 received forwarded bailiff hand delivered letter (dated when???) from letting agent,
What arrangements did you have in place to have mail forwarded from Address 2 to current address?
Neil B
I'm sorry but thi9s is totally confusing -- but I think only aq matter of communication.

Apart fro what 2cups is trying to clarify, the attempts at both forms reads as gobbledegook at the mo.

Far too much detail on the PE2 for a start.

I had a go at rewriting but gave up until 2cups sorts the chain of events.

Don't worry; This is probably because the situation is stressful and we understand. We'll get there.
Shomoo
QUOTE (2cupsofcoffee @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 15:06) *

Sometime in February updated logbook from Address 1 to Address 2; returned by DVLA sometime in March so you updated the logbook to Address 2 BEFORE you moved there?

phone TEC and ask what the PCN was for and which forms you need to fill in. Ask TEC to email the correct forms to you.

25 Mar 2014 received forwarded bailiff hand delivered letter (dated when???) from letting agent,
What arrangements did you have in place to have mail forwarded from Address 2 to current address?

Clarifications below, sorry for the long cain of clarificagtions:
Is the timeline I have created below correct?

correct

Correct

Ans: Almost at the same time , send by post in end feb, but received updated V5 possibly end of March/early April. Hence PCN may have goneto Address 1 in Stockport

Called TEC, they weren't very clear on PCN details, but e-mailed the correct forms PE2 and PE3.

Correct, exact move date was 24th July 2013; did not update log book as was trying to sell the car

14 Aug 2013 Order for Recovery to Address 2;
called TEC they said it was registered for order of recovery on 14th Aug, so expected in post immediately after that;

Called TEC, they didn't clarify but confirmed warrant was reissued twice to same address 2

Don't know exact date, agent collected letter on 18th March 2014, and posted to my current address - letter doesn't have any date; main text reads in big bold FINAL NOTICE BAILIFF REMOVAL ...i have attended your property today etc...
i will be attending in next few days, at the time of my visit i may remove without goods including motor vehicles even in your absence
Question: can they do this and remove any other vehicle as I have sold the car already?

Clarifications below, sorry for the long cain of clarificagtions:
Is the timeline I have created below correct?

correct

Correct

Ans: Almost at the same time , send by post in end feb, but received updated V5 possibly end of March/early April. Hence PCN may have goneto Address 1 in Stockport

Called TEC, they weren't very clear but e-mailed the correct forms PE2 and PE3.

Correct, exact move date was 24th July 2013; did not update log book as was trying to sell the car

14 Aug 2013 Order for Recovery to Address 2;
called TEC they said it was registered for order of recovery on 14th Aug, so expected in post immediately after that;

Called TEC, they didn't clarify but confirmed warrant was reissued twice to same address 2

Don't know exact date, agent collected letter on 18th March 2014, and posted to my current address - letter doesn't have any date; main text reads in big bold FINAL NOTICE BAILIFF REMOVAL ...i have attended your property today etc...
i will be attending in next few days, at the time of my visit i may remove without goods including motor vehicles even in your absence
Question: can they do this and remove any other vehicle as I have sold the car already?

I had mail forwarding setup to my new address for 3 months if I remember correctly (would have been at least for 1 month).I will check
2cupsofcoffee
ok.

Other people will advise you on wording for filling out the forms better than me.

What I DO know is that if bailiff cottons on to where you live now, s/he will appear on doorstep, probably having clamped the nearest vehicle to your address in the hope that it is yours and won't listen to anything you say. Also, as of 6th April, bailiff rules/charges change dramatically and instead of charging you an arm and a leg they will charge both arms and legs!

This is why you MUST get advice on here about how to complete the forms and ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FROM TEC THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED THEM, contact the council and tell them you have an OOT submitted and to call their bailiffs off. Do this initially by phone but with followup email - get the name and title of person you speak to and their email address.

What I still don't understand is why TEC issued TWO warrants to the SAME address. You could try again over the phone, otherwise email them and ask that specific question. They normally have a couple of weeks backlog though.

Also - what arrangements were in place for forwarding post from Address 1 to Address 2? How did you update the address before you moved? as in you were waiting for a tenancy to start or???

Shomoo
QUOTE (2cupsofcoffee @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 17:53) *
ok.

Other people will advise you on wording for filling out the forms better than me.

What I DO know is that if bailiff cottons on to where you live now, s/he will appear on doorstep, probably having clamped the nearest vehicle to your address in the hope that it is yours and won't listen to anything you say. Also, as of 6th April, bailiff rules/charges change dramatically and instead of charging you an arm and a leg they will charge both arms and legs!

This is why you MUST get advice on here about how to complete the forms and ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FROM TEC THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED THEM, contact the council and tell them you have an OOT submitted and to call their bailiffs off. Do this initially by phone but with followup email - get the name and title of person you speak to and their email address.

What I still don't understand is why TEC issued TWO warrants to the SAME address. You could try again over the phone, otherwise email them and ask that specific question. They normally have a couple of weeks backlog though.

Also - what arrangements were in place for forwarding post from Address 1 to Address 2? How did you update the address before you moved? as in you were waiting for a tenancy to start or???

Thanks 2 cups.
For Address 1 to Address 2 , I did not have any forwarding post. I knew I was going to start tenancy in Address 2 on 23rd March and therefore processed the form with a prior date.
One question: How will the bailiff know my current address as there is no record of that in DVLA since I sold the vehicle.
2nd question: when I logged into the harrow council parking fine website it showed me the PCN details and also gave an option to pay the fine. What happens if I just pay that online (as it is much lower than the bailiff amount)? I can do this either now or later after having received TEC confirmation, and speaking to them as you have suggested. Is that an option?
2cupsofcoffee
Don't have an answer on why the Harrow website is still showing original fine - maybe others can advise there. Also don't know how paying it, if the system will let you, would impact on warrant etc. You might be better off asking Sheila at bailiffadviceonline - she answers emails for a flat fee or there's a chargeable phone line. She knows more than us here on the nittygritty of bailiffland.

Bailiffs - they check electoral role, credit agencies, talk to neighbours, etc etc
DancingDad
Paying the fine at the lower amount will not cancel the warrant, will be taken as admittance and will not avoid bailifs fees to date.
Only the TEC route will reset to a point where it will become managable.
Neil B
Ok.

I think I see where we're going wrong here and why I found your attempts at the forms so confusing and overdetailed.

With all this moving backwards and forwards you've given detail about we've lost track of the only thing that matters. To start anyway.

That is, which of those moves caused you to not receive a PCN ?
Shomoo
QUOTE (Neil B @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 19:34) *
Ok.

I think I see where we're going wrong here and why I found your attempts at the forms so confusing and overdetailed.

With all this moving backwards and forwards you've given detail about we've lost track of the only thing that matters. To start anyway.

That is, which of those moves caused you to not receive a PCN ?

Thanks Neil
Its Address 1 to Address 2. Therefore I am thinking of the following text for PE3:
I have not received any PCN notification through post in any of registered address for my car between March 2012 and
Oct 2013 due to house moves. The PCN offence was dated 19th March 2012; I applied for change of address to
update V5 document around same time having moved house to 14 Linfields Amersham from previous
address (19 Dawlish Close, Stockport SK7 2JD) in March 2012.

Therefore I was not aware of the PCN at all till now, when I called TEC to check regarding recent bailiff notice.

I am attaching proof of address for 14 Linfields atarting 23rd March 2012

Does this work?

For PE2, it is slightly complicated as I have to show in addition that I have not received any further notices of warrant, order for recovery b/w Aug 2013 and Dec 2013 as I had moved subsequently from Address 2 (14 Linfields) to my current Address at Address 3 in July 2013. I am attaching proof of address 3 as well.

My next question: Once the TEC processes and acknowledges , does it mean the bailiff process is going to be off my back and this will get reset? And can I then deal directly with Council to negotiate and pay the original fine by talking to them? Or do I have to wait for the 19 day period. If I go to council office and speak face-to-face will there be any more sensible/reasonable outcome? I am happy to pay the original amount.
I tried calling bailiffadviceonline at their premium number during their opening hours a few times today but there was no response. Is this common? Do I just need to keep trying?
Neil B
QUOTE (Shomoo @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 20:00) *
Therefore I am thinking of the following text for PE3:

I have not received any PCN notification through post in any of registered address for my car between March 2012 and
Oct 2013 due to house moves. I am told the PCN offence < delete word was dated 19th March 2012; I applied for change of address to update V5 document around same time having moved house. delete beyond here >>> to 14 Linfields Amersham from previous
address (19 Dawlish Close, Stockport SK7 2JD) in March 2012. to here

include >
Therefore I was not aware of the PCN at all till now, when I called TEC to check regarding recent bailiff notice.

delete > I am attaching proof of address for 14 Linfields atarting 23rd March 2012

But add >>> 'I am currently attempting to ascertain from the Council where the relevant statutory documents may have been sent'.

Then, when you advise the Council tomorrow that you have submitted OOT, you do just that - get the answers you need.
It is pointless speculating any further on the PE forms about what address is relevant - because that's what you don't know. We're not really sure what address the original PCN went to do we.

For PE2, it is slightly complicated No it isn't. This has to be the simple one.

Forget all this >> as I have to show in addition that I have not received any further notices of warrant, order for recovery b/w Aug 2013 and Dec 2013 as I had moved subsequently from Address 2 (14 Linfields) to my current Address at Address 3 in July 2013. I am attaching proof of address 3 as well.
Tick - 'No PCN or NtO received'
In box, write 'Due to change of address which was updated with DVLA'.

You really need to keep it that simple. Any confusing statements about multiple address changes will put you at risk of having the forms rejected without even being processed.

My next question: Once the TEC processes and acknowledges , does it mean the bailiff process is going to be off my back and this will get reset?
Erm, I'd love to say yes but it's 'maybe'. Councils routinely oppose these applications - but we can get around that. I don't have time to explain now but I bet 2cups is champing at the bit to reassure you!! See her case thread for info.

And can I then deal directly with Council to negotiate and pay the original fine by talking to them? Neither; Once and if we get it reset it starts just like a normal PCN -- but that's AFTER this >> Or do I have to wait for the 19 day period.

If I go to council office and speak face-to-face will there be any more sensible/reasonable outcome? I am happy to pay the original amount.
Oh shut up! people here will start cursing you, lol wink.gif
I said earlier, such a delay in progressing enforcement is very strongly in your favour and you are not likely to have to pay anything.

I tried calling bailiffadviceonline at their premium number during their opening hours a few times today but there was no response. Is this common? Do I just need to keep trying?
Sheila is extremely busy. It is probably better to use the contact form and she will respond as soon as she can. There is a small fixed fee.
2cupsofcoffee
[bjust realised, cross-posted with Neil][/b]

Once the OOT has been received by TEC and you get an acknowledgement then you may safely contact council to inform them of that and to TELL them to call off the bailiffs. Harrow have a reputation for being arsey/incompetent/downright arrogant.

The bailiff gets put on hold until outcome of OOT application. Harrow will probably object but first things first.

I'm not the person to advise on the wording, so hang on for a more knowledgeable person to comment. The possible problem I see is no mail forwarding set up - but did you make other arrangements - e.g. for a person to forward stuff rather than Royal Mail? edit - as Neil said, it will depend on where they sent the PCN

If you get the forms in to TEC BEFORE 4pm, they process on the same day. Ideally, get them sent in the morning. Every day TEC sends each council details of all the OOTs etc that have come in over a secure link at 4pm. In my/our case (the thread started by Auntie Axe called "parking ticket i thought had gone away"), the mistake we made was NOT to contact the council after filing the OOT and the bailiff turned up that night because some lazy git at the council couldn't be bothered to read the TEC feed. That's why, once you receive confirmation from TEC you TELL the council (phone then followup in email) that OOT has been filed and they MUST call off their bailiffs NOW.

It won't all happen/go away overnight but the people on here are brilliant at helping.
Neil B
So, although you've said you don't feel able 2cups, what do you think of my changes to wording on forms.

Not easy to see until fully rewritten admittedly -- but much simpler and leaving out all of the 'might be related' bits.

It's just a common sense thing really -- so you are more qualified than most.
Shomoo
QUOTE (2cupsofcoffee @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 20:59) *
[bjust realised, cross-posted with Neil][/b]

Once the OOT has been received by TEC and you get an acknowledgement then you may safely contact council to inform them of that and to TELL them to call off the bailiffs. Harrow have a reputation for being arsey/incompetent/downright arrogant.

The bailiff gets put on hold until outcome of OOT application. Harrow will probably object but first things first.

I'm not the person to advise on the wording, so hang on for a more knowledgeable person to comment. The possible problem I see is no mail forwarding set up - but did you make other arrangements - e.g. for a person to forward stuff rather than Royal Mail? edit - as Neil said, it will depend on where they sent the PCN

If you get the forms in to TEC BEFORE 4pm, they process on the same day. Ideally, get them sent in the morning. Every day TEC sends each council details of all the OOTs etc that have come in over a secure link at 4pm. In my/our case (the thread started by Auntie Axe called "parking ticket i thought had gone away"), the mistake we made was NOT to contact the council after filing the OOT and the bailiff turned up that night because some lazy git at the council couldn't be bothered to read the TEC feed. That's why, once you receive confirmation from TEC you TELL the council (phone then followup in email) that OOT has been filed and they MUST call off their bailiffs NOW.

It won't all happen/go away overnight but the people on here are brilliant at helping.

Thanks a ton neil and 2cups.
Do I get TEC auto-confirmation and is that acknowledgement. Or do they send another confirmation after TEC has processed it?
On mail forwarding I did arrange for a person/friend to pick up mail and forward stuff.
If I have not received the notices as per the write-up and evidences, does it mean I have a strong ground of acceptance? Any pointers on that?
Also, if the application gets rejected does it mean the bailiff can come back /does it mean the adjudicator will advice paying the full amount? I am trying to understand at what stage I can agree to pay an amount of fine and close this without going through hassle of bailif/car impounding etc..
Sorry I am probablygoing nuts...will try to slow down and have a cup of coffee maybe!!
2cupsofcoffee
Neil, I'm pretty sure we stuffed up our initial OOT application. Enceladus, on our thread said:

From the facts that are thus far apparent it seems you did not receive the Notice to Owner. Therefore that is the ground that should have been ticked on the Witness Statement (TE9) form? Yes, you can only tick one option on the Witness Statement form. If more than one was ticked then the TEC should have returned the application?

Once your Out Of Time (TE7) application is accepted and assuming the correct ground, then the Council would have to re-issue the Notice to Owner to continue to enforce. With any of the other three options then the Council would have to refer the matter to the Adjudicator for direction on how to proceed in order to continue to enforce. Normally the Adjudicator would direct that the matter be heard as an appeal.

(The forms have different codes because ours was a parking one.)

I've had a quick look at the forms online and agree tick I DID NOT RECEIVE PCN and for the other one

and given the below, I would make sure that it complies with the bits I've bolded. But I am NOT the expert on this bit.

bama's secret rules doc says:

Court Officer Signing
* File check to be completed when processing the initial Rejected Response.
File contents:
Rejected Response from LA (including any statements)
Stat Dec / Witness Statement
OOT application
Any attachments from the respondent
Purpose – to grant / refuse permission for the respondent to file their stat dec /
witness statement late. You are not looking for anything else e.g. whether the
penalty charge is valid etc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Begin by reading the respondent’s reason on the OOT for not responding
within the time limit.

Tip: If they do not answer the question (they refer to the original contravention
only or write about payments made etc), refuse the application.

Tip: If the respondent has provided a valid reason why they could not make
the deadline and were unable to apply for a time extension and they provide
proof (holiday tickets / hospital letter etc), grant the application.

If the respondent has provided a valid reason why they could not make the
deadline and were unable to apply for a time extension, but you are still
unsure of their reasons (no proof enclosed), read the statement provided by
the LA to make the decision.

Tip: If the LA do not send a full statement but simply advise they reject the
application, automatically grant the application.

If the respondent states that they moved addresses, check the system details
for the date of the move ….

Tip: If the respondent has stated in their OOT that they have moved address
before the notice to owner (NTO) was served or provided dates of when they
moved so we can see the NTO was not served, the COO should be accepted.

If the LA state in their rejection that they obtained the address from the DVLA
but the respondent moved before NTO, the COO would still be accepted.

If they have only stated that they moved address and have provided no
details, the COO would be refused. If the respondent admits that they did not
notify the DVLA of their address change, the COO would be refused.

Do I get TEC auto-confirmation and is that acknowledgement. Or do they send another confirmation after TEC has processed it?
If you scan and email the forms you will get an automatic acknowledgement

On mail forwarding I did arrange for a person/friend to pick up mail and forward stuff.
[iNeil][/i], so maybe include a sentence about "I made arrangements to have any post forwarded to my new address"?

If I have not received the notices as per the write-up and evidences, does it mean I have a strong ground of acceptance? Any pointers on that?
If the OOT is accepted then it rewinds the clock. The council could choose to drop the case, but with Harrow - no chance! They will send you a new Notice to Owner which you can then either challenge or pay. If you write the right words on OOT application it should be accepted

Also, if the application gets rejected does it mean the bailiff can come back /does it mean the adjudicator will advice paying the full amount? I am trying to understand at what stage I can agree to pay an amount of fine and close this without going through hassle of bailif/car impounding etc..
If the OOT application is rejected then it's either pay the bailiff OR you file a N244 to ask a judge to review the decision. Unless you are on benefits this will cost £85. If you are successful you may ask for the money to be refunded. Our experience of the judge was very pleasant - he was NOT impressed with the council. But each case is each case.

Sorry I am probablygoing nuts...will try to slow down and have a cup of coffee maybe!!
[iUnderstandable - I can assure you that me and Auntie Axe were/are MUCH nuttier biggrin.gif ][/i]

This is not meant to upset you in any way, but for an example of just how gob-smackingly stupid Harrow is, read this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum...n-plate-cloning
Shomoo
QUOTE (2cupsofcoffee @ Wed, 26 Mar 2014 - 22:22) *
Neil, I'm pretty sure we stuffed up our initial OOT application. Enceladus, on our thread said:

From the facts that are thus far apparent it seems you did not receive the Notice to Owner. Therefore that is the ground that should have been ticked on the Witness Statement (TE9) form? Yes, you can only tick one option on the Witness Statement form. If more than one was ticked then the TEC should have returned the application?

Once your Out Of Time (TE7) application is accepted and assuming the correct ground, then the Council would have to re-issue the Notice to Owner to continue to enforce. With any of the other three options then the Council would have to refer the matter to the Adjudicator for direction on how to proceed in order to continue to enforce. Normally the Adjudicator would direct that the matter be heard as an appeal.

(The forms have different codes because ours was a parking one.)

I've had a quick look at the forms online and agree tick I DID NOT RECEIVE PCN and for the other one

and given the below, I would make sure that it complies with the bits I've bolded. But I am NOT the expert on this bit.

bama's secret rules doc says:

Court Officer Signing
* File check to be completed when processing the initial Rejected Response.
File contents:
Rejected Response from LA (including any statements)
Stat Dec / Witness Statement
OOT application
Any attachments from the respondent
Purpose – to grant / refuse permission for the respondent to file their stat dec /
witness statement late. You are not looking for anything else e.g. whether the
penalty charge is valid etc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Begin by reading the respondent’s reason on the OOT for not responding
within the time limit.

Tip: If they do not answer the question (they refer to the original contravention
only or write about payments made etc), refuse the application.

Tip: If the respondent has provided a valid reason why they could not make
the deadline and were unable to apply for a time extension and they provide
proof (holiday tickets / hospital letter etc), grant the application.

If the respondent has provided a valid reason why they could not make the
deadline and were unable to apply for a time extension, but you are still
unsure of their reasons (no proof enclosed), read the statement provided by
the LA to make the decision.

Tip: If the LA do not send a full statement but simply advise they reject the
application, automatically grant the application.

If the respondent states that they moved addresses, check the system details
for the date of the move ….

Tip: If the respondent has stated in their OOT that they have moved address
before the notice to owner (NTO) was served or provided dates of when they
moved so we can see the NTO was not served, the COO should be accepted.

If the LA state in their rejection that they obtained the address from the DVLA
but the respondent moved before NTO, the COO would still be accepted.

If they have only stated that they moved address and have provided no
details, the COO would be refused. If the respondent admits that they did not
notify the DVLA of their address change, the COO would be refused.

If you scan and email the forms you will get an automatic acknowledgement

[iNeil][/i], so maybe include a sentence about "I made arrangements to have any post forwarded to my new address"?

If the OOT is accepted then it rewinds the clock. The council could choose to drop the case, but with Harrow - no chance! They will send you a new Notice to Owner which you can then either challenge or pay. If you write the right words on OOT application it should be accepted

If the OOT application is rejected then it's either pay the bailiff OR you file a N244 to ask a judge to review the decision. Unless you are on benefits this will cost £85. If you are successful you may ask for the money to be refunded. Our experience of the judge was very pleasant - he was NOT impressed with the council. But each case is each case.

[iUnderstandable - I can assure you that me and Auntie Axe were/are MUCH nuttier biggrin.gif ][/i]

This is not meant to upset you in any way, but for an example of just how gob-smackingly stupid Harrow is, read this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum...n-plate-cloning

Neil, 2 cups
Thanks again. I have now scanned and emailed the application forms (PE2 and PE3) to TEC and received an auto acknowledgement
- Can I now contact the LA to inform them about OOT application and TELL them to take off bailiffs. OR shall I wait till it get processed today later at 4 pm?
- I checked the Harrow website ; they have stopped phone service for PCNs to save money; SO my other option is to call Newlyn bailiff number and inform them about OOT application being filed> IS that a good idea?

BTW, the Harrow customer service stories are really scary; wondering if just stay put till I hear back from TEC/COURT officer? Reading your note, I think on form PE3 , I have said exactly what the court officer wants - that I moved to 14 Linfields on 23rd March, 2012; applied for V5 update around same time and never received any notice in this address since March 2012.
=========
I have attached scanned copies of water bill and council tax starting 23rd March as proof of address.

(the original offence was committed on 19th March, therefore registered on 20th march 2012 at earliest). Therefore just trying to get a view does this make credible in a court officer's view based on the court officer process listed by 2 Cups?
Any thoughts folks?
2cupsofcoffee
Fingers crossed, then. smile.gif

If it was me, I would maybe email Harrow (use the pcn number/ PE x and x filed as the subject line) and say something alone the lines of

I have filed a (form number and form number) and received an acknowledgement from TEC on Date at Time.

I understand that TEC would have informed you of this by secure feed at 4pm on Date.

Please confirm by return that you have informed your bailiffs that they MUST suspend any action.

Love/n/kisses

Do NOT contact bailiff.

I would keep sending that same email to Harrow until you get acknowledgement - i.e. every 24 hours.

Come back here when you next hear something.
Shomoo
Hello Neil, 2Cups , others
Just a quick update. I managed to submit the PE3 and PE2 and it got processed today . I couldn't upload the scans for you to see. Hence I am copying the text I put in for full reasons for your review and any comment. I finally managed to include some of the advice Neil, 2Cups had given. So many many thanks. Hopefully there is a strong enough ground to take it to next step. I couldn't put all your suggestions in place as I was in rush yesterday to get it in.
Form PE3
I ticked the box for I did not receive the:
Notice to Owner (Parking contravention) or
Enforcement Notice (Bus lane contravention) or
Penalty Charge Notice (Moving Traffic contravention or Congestion Charging contravention)
In full reasons I put following:
I have not received any PCN notification through post in any of registered address for my car between March 2012 and Oct 2013 due to house moves. The PCN offence was dated 19th March 2012; I applied for change of address to update V5 document around same time having moved house to 14 Linfields Amersham HP7 9QH from previous address (19 Dawlish Close, Stockport SK7 2JD) in March 2012.

Form PE2
I put the following for reasons:
I knew of the situation first on 25th March 2014, when I was forwarded the bailiff notice from March 2014 that was delivered to my old address at 14 Linfields, Amersham HP7 9QH. This is because I had moved from my old address(14 Linfields, Amersham HP7 9QH) around end-July 2014 and the order for recovery, warrants of execution
(dated 10/10/2013 and 2/12/2013) and bailiff notice were delivered to this old address;

I have not received any other notification or PCN in the old address (14 Linfields ) when I lived there since March 2012. Earlier, in Feb 2012 I had applied to update V5 to reflect my registered address to be the old address at 14 Linfields and I received the new V5 towards end March 2012. I therefore did not receive any PCN notice either at old address (14 Linfileds) or even the address before that, as I was moving house around that time as well. I have also sold the car last year around mid-October 2013 and no longer the registered keeper or owner.

Any comments, suggestions on the forms submitted will be of great help. I spoke to the TEC helpline and they said that in case there is an initial rejection a court officer reviews it and takes final decision
My question now: Is there any statistics on court officers reviewing and deciding against rejections from council? As based on 2Cups post it looks most likely Harrow council will reject application , no matter what!
Based on my case, what do you think my chance of success if I appeal to court? Just want to get an opinion from fellow forum members.

QUOTE (2cupsofcoffee @ Thu, 27 Mar 2014 - 20:29) *
Fingers crossed, then. smile.gif

If it was me, I would maybe email Harrow (use the pcn number/ PE x and x filed as the subject line) and say something alone the lines of

I have filed a (form number and form number) and received an acknowledgement from TEC on Date at Time.

I understand that TEC would have informed you of this by secure feed at 4pm on Date.

Please confirm by return that you have informed your bailiffs that they MUST suspend any action.

Love/n/kisses

Do NOT contact bailiff.

I would keep sending that same email to Harrow until you get acknowledgement - i.e. every 24 hours.

Come back here when you next hear something.

Thanks 2Cups. I most certainly will keep you lovely folks posted!
Do you know where I can find the email id for Harrow ? They don't seem to have any info on contact us page for parking ticket section. Does the council have a generic customer service email id?
2cupsofcoffee
I would have thought that what you have put would make TEC allow it. Just have to sit tight and see.

parking.enforcement@harrow.gov.uk

Also ask what the contravention was and ask them to send you a copy of all paperwork that they have sent.

2cups
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.