Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TFL - Stopped where prohibited (on a red route)
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
mothepro
Hi,

I have researched this point and seen that there was an issue with the wording on the PCN's - namely that the wording was not precisely that which was specified by the regulations. Is this still the case?

How does it work with PCN's that come from TFL - do they also go to PATAS or is there a different appeal route?

Thanks

Mo
Hippocrates
PATAS. Is this a new or duplicated thread?
mothepro
QUOTE (Hippocrates @ Tue, 11 Mar 2014 - 16:02) *
PATAS. Is this a new or duplicated thread?

New thread. Thanks
mothepro
QUOTE (mothepro @ Tue, 11 Mar 2014 - 14:44) *
Hi,

I have researched this point and seen that there was an issue with the wording on the PCN's - namely that the wording was not precisely that which was specified by the regulations. Is this still the case?

How does it work with PCN's that come from TFL - do they also go to PATAS or is there a different appeal route?

Thanks

Mo

So if I have such a ticket, whats my best option?

Just some background, I was delivering something to a construction site. There was something blocking the entrance so I could not stop there to drop it off. I therefore stopped off on the roadside near it for a minute just to unload this item.

Thanks

Mo
Hippocrates
Show all the PCN and I will show a PATAS case if appropriate.
mothepro
QUOTE (Hippocrates @ Wed, 12 Mar 2014 - 13:50) *
Show all the PCN and I will show a PATAS case if appropriate.

Hi. I have attached.

Thanks

Mo
Hippocrates
I was expecting a Reg. 10 PCN. But...................

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...rt=#entry763371

Depends on which adjudicator you get, of course.
mothepro
QUOTE (Hippocrates @ Thu, 13 Mar 2014 - 15:35) *

Thanks.

That result is from 2012. Is the information still valid? Why would Barnet not have updated their wording since?

Also, would it require appearing in court or could the appeal be done in writing?

The 50% is due to expire shortly and I'm wondering whether its worth risking it. Does it just boil down to the adjudicator on the day?

Thanks!!!

Mo
DastardlyDick
QUOTE (mothepro @ Thu, 13 Mar 2014 - 15:40) *

Thanks.

That result is from 2012. Is the information still valid? Why would Barnet not have updated their wording since?

Also, would it require appearing in court or could the appeal be done in writing?

The 50% is due to expire shortly and I'm wondering whether its worth risking it. Does it just boil down to the adjudicator on the day?

Thanks!!!

Mo

As this is a TfL PCN, it doesn't matter if Barnet Council have changed their wording or not.

I believe that what Hippocrates is saying is that an adjudicator may agree that TfLs wording is not sufficent to comply with the Law. Unfortunatly, PaTAS adjudicators are not bound by each others adjudications.
Hippocrates
You have nothing to lose by making an informal challenge. Barnet and Southwark have changed their wording. And so has Kingston, too.
Hippocrates
QUOTE (mothepro @ Thu, 13 Mar 2014 - 15:40) *

Thanks.

Thanks!!!

Mo

What result? There are eleven cases on that thread and one from Kingston dated 5th December 2013.

The flip side: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...rt=#entry933983
mothepro
QUOTE (Hippocrates @ Thu, 13 Mar 2014 - 23:00) *
You have nothing to lose by making an informal challenge. Barnet and Southwark have changed their wording. And so has Kingston, too.

With regards to the incorrect wording on PCN's. I have received one from Barnet. As noted, they have changed the wording. The PCN now reads
"A Penalty Charge of £110 is now payable. The Penalty Charge must be paid no later than the last day of the period of 28 days beginning with the date on which the Penalty Charge Notice was served. If the Penalty Charge is paid no later than the last day of the period of 14 days beginning with the date on which the Penalty Charge Notice was served the Penalty Charge will be reduced by 50% to £55."

It then continues.
"If the penalty charge is not paid before the end of the period of 28 days beginning with the date on which the penalty charge notice was served a notice to owner may be served... "

The Payment slip reads
"Penalty charge due £110 (£55 if paid before the end of the period of 14 days as stated on the penalty charge notice)."

So they have amended the first paragraph but left the remainder with the old style wording. Does this create an impropriety, or is the first paragraph enough to satisfy their legal obligations?

Thanks

Mo
SchoolRunMum
It's debateable!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.