Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fair cop?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
don
while spreading the word about this great website, i have heard several tales of woe, but one in particular has got me bugged, the guy even has the evidence to show the problem, i wont say to prove it.

what he says happened was he got pulled over for crossing doble white lines, he says mitigating circumstances but by the by he did wrong and was pulled by a patrol car parked on the bend( waiting for this very thing i would suspect).
issued with a fixed penalty notice, did not surrender at roadside and was asked to produce within 7 days. 3 days later, first chance, he produces required docs at local station.
on handing over the FPN the person behind the desk says words to the effect of, oh the pc who gave you this has filled it in incorrectly if they want to give you points they should have ticked this box and they haven't, never mind i will tick it now.

he has shown me his copy of the FPN and the ticks are obviously different
and written using a different pen.
this was some time ago now but is there any milage in this for him.

the original pc ticked check drivers licence and insurance but did not tick record at all, the person (oso?) at the station ticked the record details box.

any replies will be passed on until he gets himself onto the www, thanks.
Ian C
Just one question: -
was the patrol car the obstruction that caused your friend to cross the double white lines ?

If so, then it was obstruction, effectively blocking the road in one direction.

Ian C
don
no, he was overtaking a lorry on a dual carriageway running out of room b4 going back to 1 lane lorry had another car in front that he didn't see, as i said fair cop on crossing lines but can another cop not connected with incident tick the form
Broadsword
he has shown me his copy of the FPN and the ticks are obviously different
and written using a different pen.
this was some time ago now but is there any milage in this for him.

No.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.