Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shoreditch Bus Lane fine
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
amitigiri
Hi all,

I was going from Wembley to East London and my tom tom assisted me to take a left turn towards Shoreditch high street, after taking a left turn I realized that the bus lane was only open (the lane where cars can drive was closed by police/TFL) I drove for a bit and saw a right turn towards Bethnal Green Road (and my tom tom was also telling me to take right turn) and unfortunately that was closed too.. So I had no option other than going straight and getting into the lane that said buses/cyclist/taxi only... I am not sure if the camera flashed at that point. It was around midnight, but it doesn't matter as I think cars are not allowed to enter that lane at any time.

My question is, will I get a penalty for it? I mean I didn't know that police ( or TFL) will temporary close the lane? Can I counter claim it?

Thank you for your replies, I am a new driver in London and this would (I hope not) be my first ticket.
BaggieBoy
Needs to be moved to the "decrim" section.
The Rookie
No camera to flash, would be CCTV.

Photo or Scan of ALL the PCN less only personal details, also a google street view link to the location please
Hippocrates
Show all PCN scrubbed if and when the time arrives.
amitigiri
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Mon, 24 Feb 2014 - 12:37) *
No camera to flash, would be CCTV.

Photo or Scan of ALL the PCN less only personal details, also a google street view link to the location please

Hi "The Rookie", I haven't received any PCN yet. Here is the link of the location:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.522933,-0...SHNVoqw!2e0

Please note the "turn right" road was shut
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.