Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3 minutes in a loading bay for disabled person to get out of car
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
JoGP
Hi
We stayed in a hammersmith hotel on the main drag just before xmas. The road was busy and the nearest car parking space was half a mile away but as I'm disabled my hubby dropped me off, with my overnight bag. We were 3 minutes getting out of the car but we were (but hadn't noticed) stopped in a loading bay which I've since found out is just for commercial goods. They now want to charge me £130 for the privilege. I did appeal but they didnt uphold it. Any ideas anyone??
orford
I'm assuming the contravention was 23: Parked in a parking place or area not designated for that class of vehicle?

Exemption A applies:
Setting down and/or picking up of passengers, or to load or unload any personal luggage.

The council are playing hard ball, which means you must wait for the Notice to Owner and make formal representaions to that and appeal to the adjudicator if they still reject your reps to the NtO.
Mad Mick V
Here's some defence re. BB holders and loading bays.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=896894

Mick
Enceladus
QUOTE (orford @ Wed, 19 Feb 2014 - 16:18) *
The council are playing hard ball, which means you must wait for the Notice to Owner and make formal representaions to that and appeal to the adjudicator if they still reject your reps to the NtO.

Please let's establish the facts first. This might well have been a postal PCN and if so there will be no NTO.

@JoGP
Did the PCN arrive in the post or was it fixed to your car?
Do you have PATAS appeal forms?

I suggest you proceed in the time and tested manner.
Please post up scrubbed scans of all sides of all pages of the Penalty Charge Notice.
The text of your challenge to the council.
A scrubbed scan of all sides of all sides of the council rejection.

Scrubbed = obscure or redact your name & address if applicable, the PCN number and the vehicle reg. Please leave visible all times, dates, location and council info.
Create a free account on a third party hosting service, upload your scans/photos etc and simply copy and paste the generated IMG links into your posts on here. I use http://tinypic.com with no complaints, there are plenty of others. Some judiciously placed pieces of cut up Post-it notes are good for obscuring if you don't want to edit the scan with Microsoft Paint or Photoshop or whatever. Easy as falling of a bike once you have done the first one.

And a link to the location on Google Street View might help.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.