Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible double tram lane PCN Croydon
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
m0bov
Well, I decided I would pop to my local sorting office and pay the VAT on my new Pebble watch this afternoon. I had to go to the Croydon sorting office, anyway the storms really kicked off on the way. Trying to use my sat nav I almost went down a tram lane (driver flashed me) so stopped and turned right (just before the RM sorting office on the corner). So after getting the parcel on the way back I retraced my route to see where I went wrong to try and learn from it.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.375192,-0...A!2e0?hl=en

At the junction I turned right at the crossing and having made a repeat journey concluded that if I had gone straight on it was tram only.

However having looked at street view having got back, it appears I should have turned right BEFORE the junction, it looks like another driver in a Mondeo made the same mistake. So I guess I could end up with two PCNs now..

I could see I could'nt turn left cos of the bus lane and missed the little road on the right, the white lettering on the road has worn off. Anyway, what do you guys think? Easy mistake? I was trying to find the sorting office which is the big building ahead where the road goes into a tram route and bears left. I turned right, I just got baffled with all the signs, trams and road markings!

I can't seem to find out much about Croydon PCNs relating to Trams. Its odd cos cars do use the junction when crossing from right to left.
Incandescent
If/when you get a PCN come back here and post the PCN so we can advise.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.