Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pay and Display bay a little misleading
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Nick Kaye
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I am usually very careful but was caught out this time. I parked just behind the white car in the picture, stupidly thinking it was still part of the bay. The rest of the road is pay and display but didnt realise tyhe bays had finished and the yellow lines started. It is a little misleading as the road carries on as a bay style with the differemt coloured road. I felt stupid until I realised the guy in front had done the same.

Is there any way around this?

I even paid for the hour!
Incandescent
Is there any way around this?

Not really, it is double-yellows and you're on them ! If you post the back of the PCN, we can look for fatal errors that might be there, otherwise it's pay-up time. You haven't said anything about why you're there. If you were loading, or dropping off/picking up a passenger, you might be able to claim one of these exemptions. If you do claim, you have to prove it.

Always remember that BB holders can park on DYLs hence why the white car might have been there.
Nick Kaye
I thought that may be the case. Will post the back but not holding much hope. The white car was ticketed too and no blue badge. I know it may not look it and it does sound stupid but the way the road is, it really looks like a continuation of a bay. I paid on pay and display so not sure I can say I was loading etc.

Click to view attachment
SchoolRunMum
You are still within the first 14 days if you do an online appeal today (Sunday). But can't see anything technical wrong with the PCN.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.