Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN Issued but had paid & ticket was on the floor!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
willberine
I know this will have no doubt been done to death but I just wondered on what the best course of action was.

I parked at Hull docks on Thurs 16th jan and paid and received parking ticket until my return on the 19th Jan, popped it in the car, shut the door and toddled off to get on the boat.

I got back on the 19th and there was an PCN stuck to my window which was issued by PPS Premier Parking Solutions on 17th Jan for 'no valid ticket displayed on dashboard) Baffled by this I opened the car door and realised the ticket had - I assume - blown onto the floormat when I had shut the door, it was just a paper ticket not a sticky one.

I have dont want to pay the charge obviously as it's absurd to fine someone for not displaying a ticket, even when they have paid..... but what is the best course of action?

I really dont want to be bombarded with letters etc, nor do I want to have some long drawn out process hanging around.

Facts:

Car was parked in the car park within a bay as marked out.
I have the original ticket but no receipt.
I have the Parking Charge No.
I have a copy of my bank statement showing the transaction.
I have a copy of the hotel booking & P&O booking showing when I was away and when I returned.

Their website states that they will not accept an appeal on the grounds of the ticket blowing or falling off the dashboard.

Any advice much appreciated.
Hippocrates
I really dont want to be bombarded with letters etc, nor do I want to have some long drawn out process hanging around.

If that's the case, pay it.
Fredd
QUOTE (willberine @ Tue, 21 Jan 2014 - 11:30) *

If you send me your address, I promise to send you an invoice for £100 and bombard you with a letter every few weeks over the next year if you don't pay me. And I'll send you additional invoices for "admin fees" every few months, if you make me go to the trouble of sending you more letters.

Tempted? smile.gif
willberine
Fair points indeed.

What if I just ignore it?
Jlc
QUOTE (willberine @ Tue, 21 Jan 2014 - 12:14) *
What if I just ignore it?

They can be litigious so you might end up with a county court claim or they might just give up.
silverfox60017
Wilber

Listen to what you need to do, its not brain surgery, as you will be dealing ( the PPC) with people normally with limited intelligence!!. however the time taken is very satisfying. I do not speak from personal experience, but by reading a lot of cases on here, that get results.Make the buggers work for it ( perhaps nothing at the end of the day)

Who is the PPC concerned for a start? ( PH watcher!!)
emanresu
We have seen this company in this location before. Read this

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=81218

If you were a P&O customer go and hassle them. Then use Tripadvisor to warn people NOT to use P&O at this location because of the predatory practices of their "contractor".
willberine
Im thinking of emailing the port manager and perhaps complaining to P&O on their twitter feed!!
emanresu
If you read the thread you will see that the Port Manager cannot help as the Principal is P & O. They are the occupiers as far as that space is concerned and they can cancel - if you complain loud enough.

If you send a message to Incensed1 he/she may be able to point you in the right direction as he/she won against them as is clued up on the set-up.

ABP cannot really help.

Try Twitter but Incensed1 is a better bet
willberine
Thanks for your advice emanresu, I have skim read the thread and will do so in detail, I was more thinking outloud of a different tact. Seems that people are very successful when complaining on Twitter as company image is everything these days, P&O are pretty active in their too. I shall PM Incensed1.
bama
ports/docks often have byelaws.
worth digging for any for this location and seeing if the car park in within the domain of the byelaws
Incensed1
Don't worry, wilberine. Get angry.

Don't get diverted on Twitter either.

See your pms. I've seen these Devonian idiots off in court over their spurious speculative invoices on genuine fee-paying customers at P&O Hull docks carpark & will advise you to the best of my ability on pm.

But please still keep this thread going as to a simple template to demand a POPLA appeal code from these Neanderthals in Newton Abbot, as a first stage.
willberine
Thanks incensed1, I have read and replied to your PM.

So as a first port of call I am thinking of appealing to their email address but withold my address & details and simply state that I dispute their PCN on the basis that I have paid the fee and have proof of it, and as a result their PCN is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss. Should I demand a POPLA code in the same email?

Thanks
Incensed1
QUOTE (willberine @ Wed, 29 Jan 2014 - 14:01) *
Thanks incensed1, I have read and replied to your PM.

So as a first port of call I am thinking of appealing to their email address but withold my address & details and simply state that I dispute their PCN on the basis that I have paid the fee and have proof of it, and as a result their PCN is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss. Should I demand a POPLA code in the same email?

Thanks

Absolutely. I'm no expert, having merely been advised very carefully by the experts in here, followed their advice & won costs against these automata in Devon & I'm sorry I took a week to respond, as I don't login usually, merely peruse the threads out of interest & didn't note the thread date.

Time is of the essence, so whatever you do, do it now by email, as it only takes a couple of minutes.

It's a game stretched over many months with these amateurs at PPS, which you'll win & laugh like a clown & probably get paid for it when you do, which is fun, so see it in those terms.
willberine
Going to wait for the NTK to arrive and then take it from there. Ive read elsewhere that like posted above, due to it being a port, there are certain by-laws. There are people who have used this angle in a POPLA appeal along with others and have won.
lollys
Thats good advice...

managed to pick one up from Hull Docks last year too..... Waited for the NTK which never arrived. smile.gif .... or hasn't yet!
Incensed1
QUOTE (lollys @ Thu, 30 Jan 2014 - 17:04) *
Thats good advice...

managed to pick one up from Hull Docks last year too..... Waited for the NTK which never arrived. smile.gif .... or hasn't yet!

Well, last year was only a month ago.

And incidentally, two points......

1) I don't think that bylaws apply in this case, as the land on which the P&O carpark stands ( & almost all the associated land for miles around) is wholly owned by ABP Ltd (the privatised version of the former nationalised Ports Authority)

"In 2006, ABP de-listed from the London Stock Exchange following the completion of a takeover by a private consortium of investors. ABP now owned by ABP (Jersey) Ltd, which is made up of a consortium comprising Borealis, GIC, Goldman Sachs, and Prudential." No comment.

The man in charge of this facility, the Regional Property Manager of ABP, is Mike Hill, whose office overlooks the carpark in question, & his email is

MHill@abports.co.uk

2) I complained to P&O three times during my tussle with the boneheads at PPS of Newton Abbot and had also previously posted 4 fairly long & detailed reviews of P&O's mini-cruises to Bruges/Amsterdam on Tripadvisor, largely favourable, except the last one, which briefly mentioned my experience with PPS. Too many obvious details traceable included in my reviews, I think. They were up for some months, then all four mysteriously disappeared one day last year, so I wouldn't try complaining via Tripadvisor, as P&O resolutely refused to answer any of my emails & are clearly quite defensive of their sub-assigned contract with PPS, as it's a bit embarrassing for them & they simply don't care, frankly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.