Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Preparing for a ticket
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Heyarnold85
So I was pulled over in a buses only bay in Kingston. A CCTV parking car came past as I was waiting.

Have not yet received a ticket but assuming I will do

Could anyone advise if they feel I will get one or if is have a leg to stand on?

Street view map. Street view

( the bay where the 2 police vehicles are -.-' )

Many thanks and will update as to whether I receive a ticket.
boxers64
were you pulled by the police
hcandersen
So I was pulled over in a buses only bay in Kingston

As you've observed, it's a parking place restricted to buses, and you were not driving a bus.

So, I suppose it's all down to the council's evidence that you were parked and I wonder whether they still think that it's a no stopping prohibition - there was one before and you can still see the old markings which have been overpainted.

Parking is not stopping, it must be for more than a nominal period.

I'm tempted to ask how long you were stopped, but it might be better to park this question unless/until you get a PCN and then see what the council's evidence shows.
Heyarnold85
No boxers. Just pulled over to wait for someone. Maybe 20 - 30 mins. I didn't leave the car.

Thanks Anderson this is what I thought. If all they have is the time the CCTV car came past then may be ok. Guess it's a waiting game.

No boxers. Just pulled over to wait for someone. Maybe 20 - 30 mins. I didn't leave the car.

Thanks Anderson this is what I thought. If all they have is the time the CCTV car came past then may be ok. Guess it's a waiting game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.