Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Failure to insure - fight or flight
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
krishan
Hello all,

I am currently studying at uni away from home. My mum received a letter at my permanent address stating I'm fined 100 pound (50 before certain date) for not insuring/declaring sorn my motorbike . As I'm at uni away from home i receive my mail every so often and thus only just seen this letter. I didn't know i had to insure it or declare it sorn. Can I write to dvla telling them about my situation. Will this stop the fine?

Please help.

thanks.
Logician
No, your ignorance of this obligation is not a defence. Your best move is simply to pay the penalty before it increases, and insure or SORN the bike.
peterguk
Agreed.

There are responsibilities that go with driving/riding beyond just passing a test.

Not getting your post is no excuse either. If mummy isn't willing to forward all your post in a timely manner (and i'd agree with her, why should she?), then change the address on your V5.
metalmick
Ouch,but true
mm
Atomic Tomato
QUOTE (peterguk @ Fri, 17 Jan 2014 - 21:55) *
There are responsibilities that go with driving/riding beyond just passing a test.

To be slightly picky, its more to do with ownership rather than driving/passing a test. It is possible to own a vehicle without having a driving licence (to use off road for instance)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.