Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: recieved a camera fine in the post from haringey council
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
benthecabbbie
Hi there im looking for some advice on what to do.
I recieved a camera fine in the post from Haringey council back in 12th june 2012 for parking on Double yellow lines during prescribed hour, I wrote a hand written letter within 28 days saying i want to see photographic evidence and is the camera of the correct type, i heard nothing more from them no notice of rejection.
I recieved a TE3 for £165 + 7 court fee, then a witnness statement from Northampton county court which i signed and returned, I heard nothing from the counci, i chased Haringey council by phoning on 3 different occasions to ask why i have not recieved the chance to have my case heard at PATAS, they said PATAS would be contacting me, when i phoned Patas they said they knew nothing of the case , then finally i hear from Patas saying i only have the right of appeal if i made reps to Haringey within 28 days, I have no copy of the original letter.
What should i do have i lost and left it to long

any help would be appreciated Benthecabbie

boxers64
post all correspondence you have received Omitting all personal details,
it looks like a case where the council are fettering your defence, by not sending you the NOR which would include the PATAS appeal forms,
you received and OFR TE3 and witness statement, which brings into the jurisdiction of TEC Northampton,
where you would be stating that you made reps Blah blah,
you don't mention a charge notice
hcandersen
Or the OP didn't make reps and only asked questions, in which case the authority are perfectly correct in continuing to pursue payment.

But this is not the issue.

OP - you submitted a witness statement but you do not state on what grounds, but assuming these were that you made reps but did not receive a notice of rejection, then TEC would have cancelled the OfR and CC and the authority would have been obliged to refer the matter to PATAS if they wished to pursue the penalty. You state that PATAS have contacted you, which would have been by letter. So that's the starting point - post their letter and then we can sort out what's to be done.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.