Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Incorrect date of birth and incorrect mph quoted
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
brichardsonhomw
I was stopped by essex police for speeding on 22nd Sept 2005 and have just received thesummons today 19th November (almost 2 months later). The summons is dated 18th October 2005, but the covering letter/copy of PCs satement is dated 18th November. I recd a verbal caution at the time I was stopped but did not get anything in writing. and having produced my licence to the Officer did not have to produce any documents

All my details, incl date of birth, name address etc were copied from my licence by the PC. The date of birth recorded (day/month and year) is incorrect and would make me 50 instead opf the 62 that I am.

Also the speed noted on the summons (LASER gun) is 2 mph greater than that quoted when stopped.

The PCs statement is signed but the space for a witness to the signature is blank.

My car is a Renault coupe cabriolet with few straight sections of body that the LASER could be focussed on.

Is there anything in the above I can use as defence as I am likely to lose my Licence?Job if convicted.
Thanks and Regards  B
rooster_uk
QUOTE (brichardsonhomw)
Is there anything in the above I can use as defence as I am likely to lose my Licence?Job if convicted.
Thanks and Regards  B

You could start HERE
Captain A
I'm afraid that the 'slip' rule could well apply; that means that typographical and minor errors can be corrected.

My car is a Renault coupe cabriolet with few straight sections of body that the LASER could be focussed on
I am sorry to tell you that whilst in the real world you are absolutely right, in the parallel universe occupied by the scammers and Garrett, the devices are infallible.
Broadsword
The PCs statement is signed but the space for a witness to the signature is blank

Police Officer's signatures on statements are not required to be "witnessed"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.