Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hospital Site Parking charge
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
jakpik
Hi

This is my first post after being issused a ticket and being recommended the site by someone who has used it before for help.

I work at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals and work across two sites, parking at the NGH campus means paying as i only work there 1-2 days a week, and a parking pass isnt worth applying/buying.

On 20/11/13, I arrived at work and parked up in a pay and display area. There are two machines in this area. One hasnt been working for a week or so, the other wasnt working on this day.

I checked both, to find neither working. Admittedly, i didnt think to take photos of the machines or put a note in my car.
I went to the office and told a fellow colleague, he said he had the same issue that morning.

I check a couple of time during the morning, once about 10am and once at 12. Both still not working. During the afternoon, i was in meetings until 4 so i had no chance to check.

When i got back to my car, i found a parking ticket on there for not paying.

I spoke to the car parking office this morning (21/11/13) and they told in, in a quite rude manor, that it was working and that i was wrong and that other people had parking tickets from that time. I told hime that my colleague had the same issue and that he could provide back up to my claim, only to be told "you can do what you want, we dont handle it, take it up with the appeals". He acknowledged that one of the two machine hasnt been working for a week, but was adimant that the other was.

While i was parking and geting my stuff from my car, i saw a couple people check both machines and walk away without paying

I dont mind paying the parking charge for the day, i always pay, but in this instance there wasnt much option.

Any help/advice that anyone can give would be much appreciated.
hcandersen
If you've been given a parking charge notice in respect of a private car park provided by the hospital and managed by a private company, then this thread needs to be transferred to the private parking forum.

But if you've been served with a penalty charge notice issued by or on behalf of a local authority, then please post it here, both sides.
jakpik
Sorry about that. Will transfer to the other

It was issued on a private car park provided by the hospital and managed by a private company.
I checked both forums before posting, but was unsure about where best to post
jakpik
Hi

This is my first post after being issused a ticket and being recommended the site by someone who has used it before for help.

I work at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals and work across two sites, parking at the NGH campus means paying as i only work there 1-2 days a week, and a parking pass isnt worth applying/buying.

On 20/11/13, I arrived at work and parked up in a pay and display area. There are two machines in this area. One hasnt been working for a week or so, the other wasnt working on this day.

I checked both, to find neither working. Admittedly, i didnt think to take photos of the machines or put a note in my car.
I went to the office and told a fellow colleague, he said he had the same issue that morning.

I check a couple of time during the morning, once about 10am and once at 12. Both still not working. During the afternoon, i was in meetings until 4 so i had no chance to check.

When i got back to my car, i found a parking ticket on there for not paying.

I spoke to the car parking office this morning (21/11/13) and they told in, in a quite rude manor, that it was working and that i was wrong and that other people had parking tickets from that time. I told hime that my colleague had the same issue and that he could provide back up to my claim, only to be told "you can do what you want, we dont handle it, take it up with the appeals". He acknowledged that one of the two machine hasnt been working for a week, but was adimant that the other was.

While i was parking and geting my stuff from my car, i saw a couple people check both machines and walk away without paying

I dont mind paying the parking charge for the day, i always pay, but in this instance there wasnt much option.

Any help/advice that anyone can give would be much appreciated.
SchoolRunMum
Just wait for the Notice to Keeper because it's a better position to appeal from, as long as you are the keeper. So just file the ticket at the moment and see what follows. If you want to try it, complain:

http://www.sth.nhs.uk/contact-us/tell-us-what-you-think

But obviously you work there so there may be better complaint avenues?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.