Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Error in name and address
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
1. Was the offence in England or Scotland - England
2. The name of the Constabulary - Cumbria
3. Date of the offence - 28/10/05
4. Date of the NIP - 14/11/05
5. Date you received the NIP - 15/11/05
6. Was the NIP addressed to you? - yes
7. Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? 1st
8. Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? If not then what is your relationship with the vehicle?   Not registered keeper. Vehicle is company car owned by Ford Motor Company.
9. Do you hold a UK or foreign driving licence. UK
10. How many current points do you have? 3
11. Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons.
[b][b][b]I have already sent a letter, using the RAC format, claiming that because the Notice was received 19 days after the offence it is invalid. Although, my vehicle is company owned and the registered keeper may well have been notified within the 14 days, I have not pointed this out! I await a reply.[/b][/b][/b]
Q: The NIP mispelt my forename - Stuart instead of Stewart. It also had an error in the postode - the number in the second part of the code was not for my place of residence.
Haddaway And Shite
I had this one from Nurthumbria Police on incorrect address. They sent a reminder that I had not furnished the details and in the next day's post they sent a request for details with the correct address for RK.
Hi Saitken

I'm not one of the experts, but I would say that what is known as the 'slip rule' would cater for your misspelt name and postcode error. ie no defence there.

I also doubt if your letter will get you very far if the scammers have any idea at all. They will realise that they served the S172 on the registered keeper within the 14 days. Still, you never know!
Thanks for the feedback guys.

If the time-expired letter fails, what next? I was doing 80mph on the M6 and they have done me! How about asking for the calibration certificate, training etc...
QUOTE (saitken)
How about asking for the calibration certificate, training etc...

That is irrelevent to your requirement to name the driver at the time of the alleged offence.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.