Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN Bristol City Council
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
beckah
Hi

I received this ticket yesterday. I thought the sign said I could park there for an hour. Returned to my car 10 minutes before the hour was up to a traffic warden giving me a parking ticket 😒 I asked him why he was giving me a ticket he said it was because the space turned into a bus lane from 4.30-6.30. I turned up 13 minutes after.

I was shocked because never heard if this before. He said I should have read the sign I said I did! So he told me to appeal it saying that the sign wasn't clear enough.

Just didn't really know how to word it and wanted to know if anyone had any success with this, appealing to Bristol city council.

Thanks

Beckah
orford
Assuming this is where you parked:
http://goo.gl/maps/C42KA

the sign is pretty clear that parking is only allowed between 09.30am and 4.30pm
beckah
I'm dyslexic so don't think I read it properly ;-( xx

I'm dyslexic so don't think I read it properly or only read part of it ;-( xx
Mad Mick V
I would have a shot at a wrong contravention code.

Code 34 "Being in a bus lane" is more appropriate.

If you can prove this then the PCN is invalid and unenforceable.

Bristol uses cameras to monitor bus lanes so you might get another PCN from the camera people for the same contravention.
Don't worry this might strengthen your case as only one PCN would be permissible.

Mick
hcandersen
My understanding is that Part 2 of Schedule 7 to the TMA has not been brought into effect and therefore the enforcement of "bus lane contraventions" in England and Wales outside London falls under regs made under the Transport Act 2000. These regs (The Bus Lane Contraventions (Penalty Charges, Adjudication and Enforcement) (England) Regulations 2005) provide that a penalty charge in respect of a bus lane contravention may only imposed as follows:

In Part 2, regulation 3 authorises the imposition of a penalty charge in respect of a bus lane contravention [i]only on the basis of a record produced by an approved device. The devices that are approved for these purposes are described in the Bus Lane Contraventions (Approved Devices) (England) Order 2005 (S.I. 2005/2756).[/i]

IMO, as a CEO is not an approved device the grounds given in the reg 9 PCN are correct.

OP - please post the back of the PCN as we need to check the small print.
beckah
Thanks.
orford
QUOTE (MAD MICK V @ Thu, 14 Nov 2013 - 09:44) *
I would have a shot at a wrong contravention code.

Code 34 "Being in a bus lane" is more appropriate.
Except as far as I can see there is no bus lane, no signs or road markings. I think the CEO's explanation is a red herring
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.