Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCM Uk Ltd Parking Ticket
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
mallsop
Ok,

I live in a block of flats, and I lived there for 1.5 years, A few months back Parking Control Management Uk took over the parking, I noticed the signs go up and received my new permit, and thought nothing more of it.

Around a week later to my surprise i noticed I had a parking ticket, apparently according to the deeds of the flat i live in, i should have been parked in a different bay.

This had not caused any loss, cost or inconvenience to anyone, as I had always parked in this bay and my neighbor in the other bay.

After going through the various appeal processes

i have now received a letter from a debt collection company saying i owed considerably more.

I totally dispute this ticket, and i cant help thinking that a court would in the situation above side with me.

really i want some advice as to what to do next?

I am not especially worried for bailiffs myself i am big enough and ugly enough to take care of myself, but i am concerned that they might turn up when i am at work and hassle my wife who could be more easily intimidated?

Am i likely to win, or should i just suck it up accept the injustice and agree to pay the fine?

What can the company actually do, as its a private ticket?

Can a bailiff do anything seize my property, clamp my car before i get the chance to argue this in court?

How likely are they even to take me to court?

How should i respond, should i phone them or write them a letter?

Any help would be much appreciated
Gan
Remove that PM number, dates and most of your story
You're easy to identify

Regarding Newlyn

Tell your parents to return their letters "Not at this address"

If they ever write to your correct address, send them a "debt denied, go away" letter

PCM UK would have serious egg on their faces if they ever attempted court with this
Apart from their chances of winning being next to zero, you could arrange that they didn't see a penny of any judgement

According to my database, they still have a number of unpaid CCJs from their clamping days
You could ensure that the court ordered you to pay one of their creditors

All PCMUK would have to show for their efforts would be the reduction of a debt that they never intended to pay anyway

Have you sorted out who-parks-where now ?
mallsop
yes, thanks i have no further parking tickets.

I have edited my original response as well

and thanks for your help, my biggest worry was that they would send a bailiff round when i was at work and intimidate my wife
Jlc
No one will be calling unless they manage to win a court judgement and then you don't pay - which is unlikely.
emanresu
After going through the various appeal processes

Did any of those appeals generate a POPLA code from them for you?
mallsop
yes, i have a popla code
matt285
QUOTE (mallsop @ Sun, 27 Oct 2013 - 07:21) *
yes, i have a popla code

what date is on the letter when you got it? Ie is there still time to appeal? probably not if you already got debt recovery letters...
mallsop
the appeal date is past now.

So I think I will ignore them till they get the right address then send them a debt denied letter, are there any good templates online?

SchoolRunMum
LOL! You only need a one-liner!
A_Kay
I am in the same situation as poster above.
I was parked in my own parking without the permit in window...
They have now sent me a Bailiffs letter for £154.00!!!

Do i send the bailiffs a letter "Debt denied"?
bama
update your own thread
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=81648&hl=

one case one thread or all becomes confused
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.