Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newham council contravention 27j
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
GTH
Hi, I need some help to be able to better formulate my grounds for appeal, any help would be appreciated. My wife parked her car on dropped footway when she went to drive the kids to school. Parking around the school at that time is very difficult, so she parked the car at this location without realizing that she has stopped on dropped footway.
Below is PCN and Google map of the location, because the photos printed on PCN are not good quality.

For me, the most important thing is that the street name is wrong. This street name is Hallywell Crescent not Halley Road, as it is written in PCN.
I also found this:
"Parking alongside dropped kerbs is prohibited in London under the provisions of Section 14 of the London Local Authorities and Transport for London Act 2003.
Part 6 of the Traffic Management Act 2004 when enacted will repeal section 14 and give all local authorities in England with civil parking enforcement powers the ability to take action when a vehcile is parked alongside a dropped kerb in a Special Enforcement Area (that is, an area where parking is, in all other instances, permitted). The regulations underpinning Part 6 of this Act are due to come into force early in 2008."

The only exceptions (in your case) would seem to be when:
- car parked outside residential property with consent of owner
- unloading or loading

So, whether this exception for unloading or loading is effective? If is effective, as I found from what I read, there should be a some time of observation, which in my case missing.

Thank you in advance for your help.

qafqa
For me, the most important thing is that the street name is wrong. This street name is Hallywell Crescent not Halley Road,

That is enough to terminate the PCN with extreme prejudice, stating the wrong location
is a fatal error by the council.
Hippocrates
I see they have changed the wording at last re viewing the evidence.
GTH
Thank you for your help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.