Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN Westhill SW18 YBJ contravention 31
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Saffron
PCN Westhill SW18 YBJ contravention 31
t
Just returned from a month away on business to 2 PCN notices the original charge document apparently missing the last page having viewed similar PCNs on this thread and now the charge notice dated 7th Oct as I was unable to respond to the notice in time due to not being here. I live alone.

I have read through the other notices for the same location and Hippocrates letter, just wondering if this is still appropriate. Should I appeal by email asap and then send a written letter?

I do wish to appeal as that junction is impossible to enter with traffic holding you up aside from that the photo whilst showing I in the junction doesn't show if I move straight on out. I really don't want to have to request the video, surely innocent until proven guilty and the onus is on them to provide proof.

Thanks for any info

Saff
qafqa
Please post copies of the documents into your thread Saffron.
Conceal personal data - without damaging the originals - and
leave times, dates and locations visible, thanks.
Incandescent
You really do need to view the video to see how long you were stopped, and if anything else is there that might form grounds for an appeal. Less than 5 seconds stopped can be appealed on de minimis grounds. If you do nothing, you'll end up paying a load of money; not good. They only have to prove the contravention if you go to adjudication.
hcandersen
If you are the owner, then you're liable for the penalty and any surcharge and debt registration fee and bailiffs' fees and on and on and on.... unless you successfully challenge.

The council have said they've got proof and whether you choose to view it or not is your choice. But just because you might not doesn't make it go away.

We need docs please.
Saffron
PCN & PCN2
originall notice and charge notice

Thanks for comments so far. Having seen other cases is the fact that they left off a page not great in the first place. My issue is that I don't want to send Hippocrates email in all guns ablazing when I have followed protocol.
hcandersen
You're outside the statutory period for making reps and on the face of it are s*****d because the authority may disregard any reps you submit outside the 28-day period, and you're o/s it because they're not permitted to served a Charge Cert within the 28-day period.

You need to submit reps regarding the contravention, albeit out of time, and request that they consider them (notwithstanding the CC) because of whatever arguments you can put forward to explain the delay not the contravention.
Hippocrates
Yes use the letter and explain why you are late.
Saffron
OK letter submitted we will see ! Thanks so much Hippocrates, I'm with you on this it is daylight robbery TFL should concentrate their efforts improving public transport so traffic issues don't occur rather than waste their money paying CCTV operatives on a get rich scheme
Incandescent
QUOTE (Saffron @ Thu, 10 Oct 2013 - 09:59) *
OK letter submitted we will see ! Thanks so much Hippocrates, I'm with you on this it is daylight robbery TFL should concentrate their efforts improving public transport so traffic issues don't occur rather than waste their money paying CCTV operatives on a get rich scheme

They need your money to try and pay the massive subsidies the buses get.
Saffron
Woop Woop, just wanted to say a big thanks to hippocrates without whose help, this may not have happened. Thank you for sharing and taking the time to respond to my answer.

Interesting if I was in contravention, then why not just charge me wink.gif
Incandescent
Well done. So there is a real human somewhere in the House of TfL !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.