Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BSG + Roxenburge
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Uni
Hey there,

Basically about 3 months ago I got a ticket off a company called BSG in a burger king car park in Aldershot.

Their website looks awful and very unprofessional so I didn't really believe it was a legit invoice, so I decided to ignore it.

I then recently got a letter off a company called http://www.roxburghe.com who said I now had to pay £160 for this parking ticket.

I later today received a letter from http://www.gpbsolicitors.co.uk/index.html saying I now had to pay £207 to roxburghe, otherwise I could be taken to court and have my credit rating severely marked down.

Obviously as a student I can't afford these massive bills and all my letters are being sent home, rather than me at uni.

Any help?

Many thanks
Broadsman
QUOTE (Uni @ Mon, 7 Oct 2013 - 16:43) *
Hey there,

Basically about 3 months ago I got a ticket off a company called BSG in a burger king car park in Aldershot.

Their website looks awful and very unprofessional so I didn't really believe it was a legit invoice, so I decided to ignore it.

I then recently got a letter off a company called http://www.roxburghe.com who said I now had to pay £160 for this parking ticket.

I later today received a letter from http://www.gpbsolicitors.co.uk/index.html saying I now had to pay £207 to roxburghe, otherwise I could be taken to court and have my credit rating severely marked down.

Obviously as a student I can't afford these massive bills and all my letters are being sent home, rather than me at uni.

Any help?

Many thanks

IF they were intent on taking you to court dont you think they would have said "otherwise you WILL be taken to court"?

Also, they cannot affect your credit rating unless

a. They take you to court.

b. They win

c. YOU fail to pay within 28 days.

Chances of the above happening?

a. Unlikely.

b. Go with a defence from one of the good girls/guys on here and this then becomes even more unlikely.

c. Are you mad?

matt285
QUOTE (Uni @ Mon, 7 Oct 2013 - 17:43) *

Basically three options:

If you were the Registered Keeper of the car but not the driver you could name the driver to reset the clock, the driver could then appeal to POPLA and get the ticket cancelled and cost this BSG outfit some money in the process.

If you were the driver but not the Registered Keeper and your mother/father/whoever-owned-the-car got this letter on your behalf then see above, just vice versa.

If you were the Registered Keeper and the driver then I would just ignore as you're basically too far down the line to do much about them now.

I think wink.gif
Uni
Haha, well I thought maybe if I did have to appeal I could go with the whole, I'm at uni, I haven't been receiving these letters, and an invoice was never found on my car etc.

but I have thought how long it too them to send me a letter for £100, and then another for 160, but the 207 was rather swift, and like I said none of these have been recorded delivery like court summons usually are...

And @Broadsman by mad do you mean crazy or angry? haha.

So the general consensus is just carry on as I am and ignore it, yes?
Albert Ross
I believe that he means Are you MAD crazy & insane and thinking about actually paying it?
No we didn't think you were mad.
But there are a few companies that are starting to send out court papers to ignorers because it has shown to produce a response.
So while you are at Uni; it may be worthwhile having someone opening Buff Manilla envelopes at the RK's address to prevent a default passing by.

AR
SchoolRunMum
Google '£207.25 GPB' and force Google to search for that (and not GBP). You will find results galore on forums about that letter, like here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showth...3040&page=1

The only letter you should respond to would be an actual 'Letter before Claim' from NGP themselves or GPB. Is this letter headed up Letter before Claim? I don't think that one is at all, it's a standard one sent out by Roxburghe's computers and can be ignored.

Just don't ignore a Letter before Claim or actual small claim papers (rare).
Uni
Awesome, thank you so much guys for the help, I did think to ignore, but when I got that £207.25 letter I began to think...

So I just need to watch out for the letter before claim, if that letter does get sent to me, would it then be too late to appeal the argument?

I mean if I got one of these letters what would I do?
kommando
If you get an LBA then the option is to respond offering to accept a POPLA appeal as an alternative to court action, it is allowable as its only the PPC who impose the deadline for appeals and if they then continue to court after being offered the option the Judge will not look kindly on their choice of route. Small Claims encourage the use of independent appeals before the final use of a court case hence by offering it you look good. If they agree then a PEPIPOO Popla appeal will win, if they do not then they will need to explain why not in front of a Judge.
Uni
Ah I see, so it's rare to get a LBA, and if I do I can appeal etc.

Thanks guys! this has put a lot of worry to rest haha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.