Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stopped for speeding what next?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
josephweller
I was stopped for speeding on the M4 and I was told I would receive a fixed penalty of 3 points and a £100 fine. I was handed a carbon copy of a long thin piece of paper with the details of the offence, which I have subsequently misplaced. This happened exactly 2 weeks ago today and I've not heard anything more from the police. I am beginning to think that that piece of paper was the fine itself, but at the time I assumed I would be written to with forms to fill out etc. Can anyone shed any light on this for me and offer any advice on what I should do now as I have lost this piece of paper. I would be eternally grateful!
Jlc
It was probably a traffic offence report. The CTO will look at the allegation and decide whether to offer a SAC, CoFP or court summons.

If it was a fixed penalty (which needs paying) then you will receive a court summons and it will cost you a lot more if not paid.
josephweller
QUOTE (Jlc @ Fri, 4 Oct 2013 - 20:58) *
It was probably a traffic offence report. The CTO will look at the allegation and decide whether to offer a SAC, CoFP or court summons.

If it was a fixed penalty (which needs paying) then you will receive a court summons and it will cost you a lot more if not paid.

Thanks for your advice, I am just worried that that piece of paper was the fixed fine itself and I've wasted 2 weeks waiting for further correspondence that wont be coming.
mrh3369
What colour was it?
josephweller
QUOTE (mrh3369 @ Fri, 4 Oct 2013 - 21:20) *
What colour was it?

The carbon copy that they gave me was yellow
Jlc
QUOTE (josephweller @ Fri, 4 Oct 2013 - 21:46) *
What colour was it?

Which police force was it?
josephweller
QUOTE (Jlc @ Fri, 4 Oct 2013 - 22:16) *
QUOTE (josephweller @ Fri, 4 Oct 2013 - 21:46) *
What colour was it?

Which police force was it?

It was Thames Valley I think
Jlc
I would contact them to check - I can't find reference to TVP issuing the reports.
sgtdixie
Did you produce both parts of your licence when stopped?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.