Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fixed penalty for texting
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
JonnyBoy1978a
I was issued with a fixed penalty notice but the time on notice was filled in at a time far later than when the 'offence' took place, can I get the ticket quashed due it being filled out incorrectly?
Jlc
Highly unlikely. Such errors can be corrected at court.

But what's 'far later'?
sgtdixie
QUOTE (JonnyBoy1978a @ Fri, 4 Oct 2013 - 20:26) *
I was issued with a fixed penalty notice but the time on notice was filled in at a time far later than when the 'offence' took place, can I get the ticket quashed due it being filled out incorrectly?

So I check someones speed on a motorway, spend 10 minutes catching and checking vehicle before a stop. Do you think I can't issue a FPN even if the time on the ticket is the time of the stop not the offence.
JonnyBoy1978a
QUOTE (sgtdixie @ Fri, 4 Oct 2013 - 20:34) *
QUOTE (JonnyBoy1978a @ Fri, 4 Oct 2013 - 20:26) *

So I check someones speed on a motorway, spend 10 minutes catching and checking vehicle before a stop. Do you think I can't issue a FPN even if the time on the ticket is the time of the stop not the offence.

An hour later when I'm home and no where near where the ticket says I was
Jlc
Pay it - the alternative is to elect for a court hearing and plead not guilty. The officer will attend court and state the facts and the time on the FPN won't change the fact that the offence was committed. For your trouble you'll pay a higher fine, costs around £600 and a victim surcharge of 10% of the fine (min £20). If the mags think the officer was mistaken because he wrote the wrong time then you'll walk free.
Pancras
You can't get a ticket 'quashed'. You either accept it or you don't. If you don't accept it, it will go to court, and if it does anything on the ticket will be irrelevant, it will be what is on the summons. Even if the same mistake is replicated on the summons, it can be amended as a minor clerical error by the court.

If you accept the material facts of the allegation (that you was using the phone) even though the time is wrong on the ticket, your cheapest option would be to pay it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.