Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking Eye claiming wins.
FightBack Forums > Discussion > The Flame Pit
ginnersinner
Parking Eye are claiming a number of recent wins on their website, where they claim that the forum-based advice is being thrown out at court and judges are finding for them repeatedly.

Anyone here know if the usual arguments are starting to lose at court?

GS
android26
19 cases and only 2 dismissed. Gloating over forums like a five year old.

"* It should be noted that every court hearing that ParkingEye has attended as Claimant in 2013 (where Judgment has been given) has been listed above. ParkingEye has not vacated any hearing unless the defendant has chosen to pay prior to the date of the hearing. This can be proven by any FOI request made in relation to ParkingEye's court action."

I wonder what percentage pay up when they get their court letters.
What s the significance, if any, of "where Judgment has been given"(sic) ?
Salmosalaris
They're not including the cases they drop or are chucked out pre hearing
bama
I heard they dropped out of one only last week.
android26
Thanks. smile.gif
I assume that if a case is thrown out before court, the judge would have decided that he would have, on the balance of probability, sided with the defendant, either evidentially or on a technicality.
I then wonder, how many times this has happened.
Justice for all my arse.
Lynnzer
I'd just LOVE someone to use this in a defence statement.
android26
I wondered this when I first started looking into my pcn. The company should in theory, break even, to the penny, on its parking management business unit, even if they were allowed to charge for the fixed costs of the business.
instrumentsofjoy
Along with charges for car-parking. One of the local Sheffield companies operates a barrier controlled car park on behalf of a hospital and (I would imagine) makes a bomb.

Lynnzer
QUOTE (instrumentsofjoy @ Tue, 1 Oct 2013 - 13:59) *
Along with charges for car-parking. One of the local Sheffield companies operates a barrier controlled car park on behalf of a hospital and (I would imagine) makes a bomb.

If it's a Ltd Co. just Duedil it.

If they're making a bomb, let's light the touch paper.

anon45
QUOTE (android26 @ Tue, 1 Oct 2013 - 13:07) *
19 cases and only 2 dismissed. Gloating over forums like a five year old.

"* It should be noted that every court hearing that ParkingEye has attended as Claimant in 2013 (where Judgment has been given) has been listed above. ParkingEye has not vacated any hearing unless the defendant has chosen to pay prior to the date of the hearing. This can be proven by any FOI request made in relation to ParkingEye's court action."

I wonder what percentage pay up when they get their court letters.
What s the significance, if any, of "where Judgment has been given"(sic) ?

We know the bit about "not vacating any hearing" to be untrue, and we also know that they previously claimed a 100% success rate even after a defeat a few years ago, so that was also untrue.

In short, I would take their claims with a enormous pinch of salt and not be intimidated by them.
Puggit
There has been a large upsurge in PE filing papers for court, but I'm struggling to keep track of any cases that have been heard and what the result was. Is this recorded somewhere?
Salmosalaris
Strictly they may be correct , not turning up does not mean vacating a hearing
Vinesh Patel
QUOTE (Puggit @ Tue, 1 Oct 2013 - 15:29) *
There has been a large upsurge in PE filing papers for court, but I'm struggling to keep track of any cases that have been heard and what the result was. Is this recorded somewhere?

They list claim reference numbers on the Parking Eye news section. You can check the details of the case by contacting the relevant court that it was heard in.
Lynnzer
QUOTE (Vinesh Patel @ Tue, 1 Oct 2013 - 21:04) *
QUOTE (Puggit @ Tue, 1 Oct 2013 - 15:29) *

They list claim reference numbers on the Parking Eye news section. You can check the details of the case by contacting the relevant court that it was heard in.

But the list isn't big is it?
The problem is that so many people capitulate before court. I have word of another backing off today where 3 tickets were involved. In that case there was the expected charge of £50 total. The landowner applied pressure so will be a little hesitant to renew contracts at any future time knowing the groundswell of anger. Better a £50 charge than to go to 3 trials with all the hassle involved. It's money in their pockets but it has potentially given them some extra shifts at the desk to manage all the cases in progress.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.