Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCM UK Ltd PCN - Parking at hired bay - Notice To Keeper Deadline - Need urgent advice please
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
lifeisbeautiful
Dear all - My butter fingers pressed enter button and the topic was posted earlier incomplete. Sorry, please see below full details.

Problem: Parking Charge Notice by a PPC
PPC: Parking Control Management (UK) Limited
Location: At a private residential flats car park in Maidenhead
Signage at site: Clearly displayed terms and conditions of enforcement by PCM UK Ltd
Vehicle: Personal car - registered and driver
Date of PCN: Ticket on 25/07/2013
Next correspondence: NOTICE TO KEEPER given on 03/09/2013
Action from me so far: Nothing. Not responded whatsoever. Sorry, I ignored due to hectic busy work & personal life.

I visited Maidenhead town centre daily for business purpose last couple of months. I browsed the internet and found a parking bay available on monthly hire at a private residential society near my work. I paid £140 in cash to the owner of the parking space who is a resident at this apartments. He handed me a PCM UK Ltd issued parking permit paper that I can display on my car to entitle the use of space.

I didn't remove the parking permit sticker from the paper letter to stick on the windscreen - My fault I agree. I simply kept the paper at the dash board and used the parking bay for more than 5 weeks.

Then one bad day, a PCM UK warden pasted a PCN claiming the permit is not clearly visible from the outside. As a matter of fact, the permit is partially visible from distant outside and if anyone slightly bend over the bonnet the paper permit can be clearly visible.

Photographic evidences of my car available at the website which includes pictures of my windscreen partially displaying the parking permit paper.

I haven't responded to the PCM UK Ltd so far regarding this ticket. I work 12 hours for 6 days a week and honestly forgotten to write back to them. Now I received a letter asking me to confirm the registered keeper of the vehicle. I missed the first 28 days given on the PCN and didn't respond. Then I recieved Notice To Keeper which I didn't respond either. Today is my last day (28th day) to respond to the notice. I've been busy at work and personal life. Should I need to make representation against to challenge the PCN? If yes, please advice more. Many thanks.

The popular advice given by experts to people of similar question so far in forums and also the BBC program was to simply ignore any correspondence from the PPC and NOT communicate with them in any way whatsoever. However, i would like to seek expert advice here specific to on my scenario. Would really appreciate some advice on how to go about dealing with this please!

Part of me thinks I'm in the wrong and the other part of me is livid I'm being fined to park in my own legitimate space. I do feel a bit miffed that I paid my hard earned money to the parking owner and effectively been fined for using it legitimately.

Continue to ignore?
Lynnzer
Clairevoyant anyone?
SchoolRunMum
QUOTE (lifeisbeautiful @ Mon, 30 Sep 2013 - 23:03) *
Dear all

PPC: Parking Control Management (UK) Limited

I will be psychic and guess you want to know what to do? WAIT if you have not yet had a postal Notice to Keeper (as long as you are the keeper with the DVLA):

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...mp;gopid=874216

...that's basically it but tell us more while you await the NTK in the post. Do you own the flat - or are you a tenant?

What rights do you have as stated (EXACT WORDING) in your lease or tenancy agreement, to park in that space? Was it an allocated space for that flat?

Was this in England or Wales, or Scotland or NI?
Gan
And is it a leased, hired or company car ?
kirkbyinfurnesslad
Not much bothering answering such a vague question until they give some proper detail
bama
Parking at my hired bay

details of the hiring agreement please.
If it 'your space' who are the PPC to tell you how to use it ?
see this
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum...e-for-trespass-

Is there a resident mgmnt co involved ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.