Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: napier parking ticket
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
hi
I parked in a private parking area regulated by Napier and paid for 20 mins. But I came back to my car after 20 mins and I had a ticket on my windscreen.
What should I do? Can I ignore the ticket as it is a private company?
Thanks
Gan
What do they allege you did wrong ?

The advice now has changed to :

Wait until you receive a Notice to Keeper and challenge at that stage, not revealing the identity of the driver.
The aim is to get the validation code to refer it to POPLA and cost them another £27

Put in a hard appeal to POPLA based on the cost that doesn't bear any comparison with their loss, and a requirement that they produce their contract with the land-owner

It has a high success rate
SchoolRunMum
QUOTE (100 @ Sun, 29 Sep 2013 - 19:02) *
hi
I parked in a private parking area regulated by Napier and paid for 20 mins. But I came back to my car after 20 mins and I had a ticket on my windscreen.
What should I do? Can I ignore the ticket as it is a private company?
Thanks

NO unless you want Napier to take you to court (which they do) and win (which they do as well as they actually own many of their own car parks and they word their signs better than most as well).

But you should indeed wait for the Notice to Keeper to arrive first (as long as you are the keeper at the DVLA). Then appeal, as on every thread on this forum now!

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...mp;gopid=874216

HTH
thanks for your reply.

I see though that you wrote on a different post
IF THIS WAS A RETAIL OR LEISURE CAR PARK, THIS WEEKEND, GO INTO THE STORE/CINEMA/HOTEL/SHOPS/BUSINESS ON SITE AND COMPLAIN TO THE STORE MANAGER:

It was a retail shopping carpark (tesco) so what do you suggest i do re the above?
Thanks
SchoolRunMum
As on the link I already gave you. It tells you to appeal and to complain...already covered in the link.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.