Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CEL appeal to POPLA
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
lockstock
Im hoping you can help me. i have been reading through posts on the site and have seen you have been dealing with some CEL cases.

My wife got a ticket sent through in the post 23/08/13 and got a response to representation in reply saying the appeal was unsuccessful.

Is there a way to go from here? I have been reading that i should make an appeal on POPLA. on this site many people say that i will not have to pay provided i word the appeal to them correctly but on another site I found it says they will up hold the ticket regardless.

A few facts which my help-
it was a free car park on a retail park
she over stayed by 24 mins
she emailed an appeal to CEL and got a letter in response.

Any help you could give us would be very kindly received, we are a young family and my wife is worried by the very aggressive letter and just wants to pay up.

Kind regards

Jason- jasonlocker@hotmail.co.uk
matt285
QUOTE (lockstock @ Thu, 19 Sep 2013 - 21:21) *
Is there a way to go from here? I have been reading that i should make an appeal on POPLA. on this site many people say that i will not have to pay provided i word the appeal to them correctly but on another site I found it says they will up hold the ticket regardless.

When did you get the code sent? From then onwards you have 28 days to submit your full appeal. I would strongly advise that you appeal and if you do it properly you have a very high chance of winning.

What you need to do is read through the various POPLA templates that float around here, pick one which works best for you and then adapt it to your circumstances. It is important that you challenge all the various legal points (sufficient interest in land / no valid contract established / unlawful penalty etc.) as those are the points why those charges get cancelled at POPLA, not because of mitigation.

Feel free to post a draft here and/or PM me for feedback.

Good luck!
SchoolRunMum
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showth...81&posted=1

Wording such as you see explained in that thread, wins at POPLA.
emanresu
Duplicate of

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=83540
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.