Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Excel Parking - Peel Centre
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Ryan92
I have received a letter for non payment for parking. I usually pay when I go on there and this time genuinely forgot, and the signs clearly weren't sufficient enough to remind me.

So how do I proceed now, if I ignore their letters and any from solicitors what is the worst that can come of it? If I end up going to court is the most that will happen is me having to pay the £100? Or does it end up as some sort of criminal record?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Mummy Dearest
No you cannot get a criminal record, it's a civil matter. If you loose and don't pay you can get a CCJ - the cost will also go up to cover their court costs etc. Not a huge amount as it's County Court but is could get up to 2 or 3 hundred if you're unlucky. No need to risk it - why go for the lottery of court by ignoring it? Appeal you have a much better prospect of getting the charge quoshed before it goes to court.
Ryan92
QUOTE (Mummy Dearest @ Thu, 19 Sep 2013 - 18:01) *
No you cannot get a criminal record, it's a civil matter. If you loose and don't pay you can get a CCJ - the cost will also go up to cover their court costs etc. Not a huge amount as it's County Court but is could get up to 2 or 3 hundred if you're unlucky. No need to risk it - why go for the lottery of court by ignoring it? Appeal you have a much better prospect of getting the charge quoshed before it goes to court.

Ok I will do this, thanks very much.

What's the best way to go about appealing?
SchoolRunMum
Read other Peel Centre threads, there are dozens and dozens. Put the word 'Peel' into the search box (bottom left of the first page of PPC threads). Then do the same search on the MSE parking forum where there are also dozens of Peel Centre threads:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

In that forum, put your keyword into the 'search this forum' header on the right above the first page of threads.

So much easier than us having to repeat the same info about this place again and again, and you will see how to word an appeal specific to your situation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.