Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Formal demand received!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
sallyw
I received a Formal demand from A S Parking in Newquay on 16th September dated 13th September. This is telling me to pay a £100 fine for parking on 15th May this year as I had not paid the PCN within 14 days. This is the first I have heard from them! There was no PCN attached to my car and can be verified by co passengers.
They say if it is not paid within 28 days it will be passed to their debt recovery agents.
What should I do? I have e.mailed the Trading Standards office in Truro too but no reply yet.
Help
Sally (in Sussex)......
Jlc
One presume this letter is to the 'registered keeper' - hopefully called a Notice to Keeper/Owner?

If so, they are well out of the statutory timeframe to pursue the RK. As this appears to be (their claim) a ticket attached to the car then the requirement is to wait 28 days but deliver before 56 days.

Does the paperwork give any appeal options or mention Protection of Freedom's Act (Schedule 4)? DVLA complaint possibilities here too.
SchoolRunMum
I recall other threads about these jokers and their moonfruit website:

http://www.as-parking.moonfruit.com/

Your case is like this one where you just need to respond and complain to the BPA and DVLA to report this breach (very late Notice to Keeper with a misleading title 'Demand'):

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=83348

Follow advice as on that thread and hopefully you won't find it as difficult as that poster seemed to, simply to write some letters when given a flippin' template example...!

sallyw
Thankyou for all this help.....on the back of the letter there are details of the Appeals process to them via e.mail or in writing. It also says that they cannot deal with any telephone enquiries (hence no number) "Due to legal procedures, it is difficult for A S Parking to submit verbal evidence before the court if necessary"
On the front of the letter it states...
"This charge has been lawfully issued and the collection procedure will be processed in accordance with The Administration of Justice Act 1970 and The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012( where applicable)"
They also add that there is a £3 charge on all card and internet payments which I know has been banned since April this year.
I am sending them an e.mail refusing to pay this and explaining why!!!!!! And will also contact DVLA too and hope this is the end of it.....
Sally
Gan
Don't send an email unless it's from a Hotmail or similar account that you're happy not to use again
Why make it easy for them to harass you at no cost ?

Don't "refuse" to pay
"Challenge" the notice instead and keep it short

Dear Sir

Ref : *****

I wish to challenge this Notice to Keeper
Your company failed to meet the requirements of the Protection of Freedoms Act Schedule 4 Paragraph 8

You cannot therefore hold the registered keeper liable and must cancel the Notice
If you believe otherwise, send me a validation code so that i may refer the matter to POPLA

Any other response will result in immediate complaints about your behaviour to BPA and DVLA
For your information, I have already reported your wilfull breach of the BPA Code of Practice to Truro Trading Standards

Yours Faithfully

Jlc
QUOTE (sallyw @ Tue, 24 Sep 2013 - 09:39) *
They also add that there is a £3 charge on all card and internet payments which I know has been banned since April this year.

Not banned per se but must only reflect their overheads in processing the payment. Read here.
bama
the regs
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/3110/made
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.