Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIP - Postal Requisition serverd by Civilian
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
UnjustifiedSP30
Hi

I received an NIP on 10 April 2013 for an alleged speeding offence on the 03 April 2013. (84mph in 70mph zone).
I was the driver on the 03 April 2013.

The NIP was sent to me from Gloucestershire Constabulary.

I did not complete Part 1 of the NIP, as I was not at home at the time.
My partner entered my details into Part 1 and dated the NIP but did not sign the NIP.

Now, I have received a postal requisition for both
1) speeding
2) S172

What I have noticed in the postal requisition in the section "Certificate of Service" it reads (I have taken the name out deliberately)

I, Mr <Name> of Gloucestershire Constabulary herby cerify that I serverd <me> with the Requisition of .....

Then below that paragraph it has been signed, but the "Rank/Position" section reads "CIVILIAN".
Is it usual for a "Traffic Officer" or "Constable" to put down "Civilian" or is it likely that the member of the Gloucestershire Constabulary is acting as a "Civilian" in order to prosecute?

Can I use this "CIVILIAN" informaton to my advantage at all?
Surely it is a data protection concern if the Gloucestershire Constabulary is providing information to a CIVILIAN?

I'm interested in your feed back, experience and advice.
Glacier2
Nope. A civilian can lay an information.
BaggieBoy
QUOTE (UnjustifiedSP30 @ Tue, 17 Sep 2013 - 01:46) *
Surely it is a data protection concern if the Gloucestershire Constabulary is providing information to a CIVILIAN?

Not sure you understand the DPA, why would information only be available to non-civilians? As employees of the force in question they would be authorised users.
Gan
Plead Not Guilty to both offences

On the morning of the trial, speak to the prosecutor and offer to plead Guilty to the speeding if they drop the S172 offence

Could have saved everybody a lot of trouble if your partner had either sent you the form to deal with yourself or put some kind of squiggle in the signature box

Bit surprised they didn't send it back with a "you've forgotten to sign this" note
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.