Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recieved Parking charge notice
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Gingermandan
Good afternoon
here the story

I parked in a car park in Welwyn garden cty for around 35 minutes. The car park was one where it catches your Car Reg in and then again on leaving. On returning to my car the que at the ticket machine was 5 deep so i decided i would pay online.
It gives you 24 hours to pay. I parked on a sunday so had until the monday to pay. I forgot

On the Tuesday i logged on to the paysite www.Parkreg.co.uk and payed for parking on the Monday for the same time and cost.

realiseing my mistake i emailed parkreg asking for them to swap my monday payment to the sunday. They declined.

I have now recieved a Penalty charge notice for £70 halved if paid with set time.

Should i appeal or Ignore?
Jlc
So you paid and they made no loss.

Just to be sure - this is a private parking ticket? You mention penalty charge - does it say this?

How did you receive the notice? Had you give them details? Does the paperwork mention POPLA?
Gingermandan
QUOTE (Jlc @ Mon, 16 Sep 2013 - 15:04) *
So you paid and they made no loss.

Just to be sure - this is a private parking ticket? You mention penalty charge - does it say this?

How did you receive the notice? Had you give them details? Does the paperwork mention POPLA?

Meant Parking charge notice. recieved notice through the post. It is a private parking ticket
Jlc
Ok, which PPC? Did the notice arrive within 14 days?
Gingermandan
QUOTE (Jlc @ Mon, 16 Sep 2013 - 16:22) *
Ok, which PPC? Did the notice arrive within 14 days?

The company is CP plus and the letter arrived on the 16/9/2013 . The ticket is for parking on the 01/09/2013. The ticket is dated the 13/09/2013

I have attached the letter

SchoolRunMum
QUOTE (Gingermandan @ Mon, 16 Sep 2013 - 14:53) *
Good afternoon
here the story

I parked in a car park in Welwyn garden cty for around 35 minutes. The car park was one where it catches your Car Reg in and then again on leaving. On returning to my car the que at the ticket machine was 5 deep so i decided i would pay online.
It gives you 24 hours to pay. I parked on a sunday so had until the monday to pay. I forgot

On the Tuesday i logged on to the paysite www.Parkreg.co.uk and payed for parking on the Monday for the same time and cost.

realiseing my mistake i emailed parkreg asking for them to swap my monday payment to the sunday. They declined.

I have now recieved a Penalty charge notice for £70 halved if paid with set time.

Appeal it like everyone does, and add the fact that the Notice did not arrive within 14 days as it wasn't posted in time (posting on a Friday assumes delivery on a Tuesday in fact). As such, there is no registered keeper liability and anyway there was no loss suffered to the tune of £70...blah blah, like this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showth...37&posted=1

..and once you have sent the first appeal as the registered keeper (NOT saying who was driving) start reading threads about what makes a winning POPLA appeal. And was this car park attached to any retailers where 'the driver' was shopping or whatever? If so then COMPLAIN to that Manager (store Manager, retail park Managing agent, etc., about the harassment of this parking agent against a customer).
bama
which car park ?
Gingermandan
QUOTE (SchoolRunMum @ Wed, 18 Sep 2013 - 00:16) *
QUOTE (Gingermandan @ Mon, 16 Sep 2013 - 14:53) *
Good afternoon
here the story

Appeal it like everyone does, and add the fact that the Notice did not arrive within 14 days as it wasn't posted in time (posting on a Friday assumes delivery on a Tuesday in fact). As such, there is no registered keeper liability and anyway there was no loss suffered to the tune of £70...blah blah, like this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showth...37&posted=1

..and once you have sent the first appeal as the registered keeper (NOT saying who was driving) start reading threads about what makes a winning POPLA appeal. And was this car park attached to any retailers where 'the driver' was shopping or whatever? If so then COMPLAIN to that Manager (store Manager, retail park Managing agent, etc., about the harassment of this parking agent against a customer).

thanks for the info . I have appealed.

QUOTE (bama @ Wed, 18 Sep 2013 - 11:20) *
which car park ?

The car park that links to Marks and Spencers on Hunters bridge in Welwyn Garden City
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.