Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: With recent court procedures, should we now appeal and not ignore?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
stuhall1973
Hi,

I've received a Parking Eye ticket even though i bloody paid the machine for enough time, but i don't have the ticket stub as i binned it shortly after laving the car park so i have no proof.

So yesterday you can appreciate my horror when i recieved a hefty fine for a 2.5 hour overstay? ... really? ... How can they get away with this?

Been reading up on this site and Google and until recently people were saying to ignore the letters as they won't take you to court, but i see now Parking Eye are taking people to court.

So do we all have to now appeal or pay up? or can i still ignore, it all seems very confusing at the moment.

I'm fuming with [Mod edit] and want to be sure what to do before i go and contact them.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Stu.
enfield freddy
times have changed from the forget it days , read threads on here and gather info , firstly a soft appeal in order to get a popla code , then with the forums help you can fight parking eye

do not at this stage admit you were the driver
stuhall1973
Ok, i will send an appeal by email stating the obvious that i had a ticket. I'm refusing to pay on principal that i bought a ticket in the first place, i'm also going to ask when their ticket machines were last serviced as there is clearly something wrong as you have to enter your registration which im presuming i did correctly.

I will let you know the response.

Oh and i won't mention i was driving either, infact the letter i received from them was wet through and i couldn't read the date of the offence anyway.
NeilNeil
I have seen a lot of threads of companies issuing court papers, but no threads of cases going all the way through court to a conclusion. Would I be right in concluding that no cases have yet gone all the way through court (I mean under the new regulations that came in last October stating that the registered keeper can be proceeded against as if they were the driver).
kirkbyinfurnesslad
QUOTE (NeilNeil @ Tue, 10 Sep 2013 - 20:49) *
I have seen a lot of threads of companies issuing court papers, but no threads of cases going all the way through court to a conclusion. Would I be right in concluding that no cases have yet gone all the way through court (I mean under the new regulations that came in last October stating that the registered keeper can be proceeded against as if they were the driver).

Plenty have gone through to court
Vinesh Patel
There have been lots of hearings, and more are happening every week.
SchoolRunMum
QUOTE (NeilNeil @ Tue, 10 Sep 2013 - 20:49) *

NO - you would be wrong.

Court will not be relevant in stuhall1973's case when he wins at POPLA after reading up on it.
NeilNeil
QUOTE (SchoolRunMum @ Wed, 11 Sep 2013 - 15:50) *
NO - you would be wrong.

Court will not be relevant in stuhall1973's case when he wins at POPLA after reading up on it.

Thanks.
stuhall1973
Ok. I telephoned them and made a soft appeal in writing, not heard anything back as yet. If i still get threats i will go down the POPLA route and email the land owner.

I'm also moving house soon, so i will contact them and tell them my new address when i ask for the POPLA code.
SchoolRunMum
Get your post redirected (DO NOT TELL PE YOU HAVE MOVED) or you may well find they try a sneaky court claim knowing you have moved.

Complain to the landowner now and you could have this cancelled by the weekend and could complete your move without worrying about post being sent to the old address, missing a POPLA deadline or missing small claims papers...
stuhall1973
Many thanks for that advice, i have emailed the landowner and have asked Parking Eye for a POPLA code, also no address given where i'm going.

I will update on what i receive. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.