Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with non endorsable notice
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Phate06
Hi there I hope someone can help me.

I parked my car, like many other drivers have and do, part on and part off the kerb (this is necessary as the road is narrow). There are no notices indicating this is prohibited or such like. Anyway where I parked, I made sure I did not encroach on the drive way of the derelict property leading to it.
I left my car here as I took my girlfriend to the hospital last night, state over at hers and was going to drive it home after work, when I arrived back from work this evening there was a fixed penalty notice/non endorsable notice from the local police.

They wrote I was "causing unnecessary obstruction" but the police offence code is incorrect, the code relates to blocking a box junction. My surname is spelt wrong, and the amount I have to pay is different to the amount on their offence code portion on their website.

With it being a case of pay or go to court, I feel it's unjust as most of the information is inaccurate and unfounded.

Before I call them tomorrow, what are your thoughts?
roadrunner 163
What are the differences between the notice and the website? it should still be £30 despite the majority of of these fines increasing the parking / waiting and obstruction fines remain the same.

If you post a maps link and a copy of the notice (edited) then there may be some mileage in the help you can receive but the police can correct most errors if summonsed.
Jlc
QUOTE (Phate06 @ Mon, 9 Sep 2013 - 20:40) *
With it being a case of pay or go to court, I feel it's unjust as most of the information is inaccurate and unfounded.

Before I call them tomorrow, what are your thoughts?

They might cancel it but they don't have to. The 'errors' on the notice are no fatal to a prosecution.

Contact them to see tomorrow but it's usually worth just paying it.
Phate06
But what good is it when information is incorrect, I wouldn't have a job if the information.
I gave my boss was wrong. People cannot go around making inaccurate statements.

Anyways, below are screenshots off google, I parked on the single line, which had no signs prohibiting parking and the ticket

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/UK_S...zpsd1682dff.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/UK_S...zps42578813.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/UK_S...zps0cff28c9.png
peterguk
QUOTE (Phate06 @ Mon, 9 Sep 2013 - 21:26) *
But what good is it when information is incorrect

Because that's the way FPNs work.
Jlc
RC86405 is the correct code. (But is irrelevant at court)
The Rookie
If it goes to court, any error on the FPN doesn't mean the offence wasn't commited (common sense really) as such errors on it are not a defence.

The code is likely a force local one and the box junction may well be a different code for decrim enforcement
roadrunner 163
RC86405. is that not the code for obstruction? I cant see the error of the code, what do you think it should be?
captain swoop
Just to get it right, you parked on the solid white line by the kerb with two wheels onthe pavement?
glasgow_bhoy
Eh I was sure these should be £30- every fine other than parking went up, or am I missing something?
Jlc
QUOTE (glasgow_bhoy @ Tue, 10 Sep 2013 - 15:14) *
Eh I was sure these should be £30- every fine other than parking went up, or am I missing something?

A number of fixed penalty rates went up recently (most notably £100 for speeding) - I think this 'offence' is covered (post 16th August) here.
Phate06
Yes I believe I was on the dropped kerb where the line is. I do not know what offence code it should be but that offence code relates to blocking a boxed junction.

I run the police today and I have to send a copy off which I have done as I questioned the fine amount and the actual offence.

They said it should be £30 and they will let me know from the officer what obstruction I was causing
roadrunner 163
Drop kerb parking is generally an obstruction as the drop is designed for either pedestrian use of vehicle access to properties so defending the offence may be a tough option. A street view link would help.
The RC code is a court cps code for the offence of unnecessary obstruction I dont know why you think this code is a box junction offence? does the ticket tell you different?

The fine should only be £30 so that could see the ticket cancelled.
glasgow_bhoy
QUOTE (Jlc @ Tue, 10 Sep 2013 - 15:28) *

A number of fixed penalty rates went up recently (most notably £100 for speeding) - I think this 'offence' is covered (post 16th August) here.

Yeah thats what I thought- but that link confirms that this is a parking offence, and should therefore be £30 as the OP has now had confirmed by the force.
Jlc
QUOTE (Phate06 @ Tue, 10 Sep 2013 - 19:06) *
I do not know what offence code it should be but that offence code relates to blocking a boxed junction.

The codes are here.

RC86405 is shared for:
BLOCKING A BOX JUNCTION
UNNECESSARY OBSTRUCTION

...but it really doesn't matter.

QUOTE (glasgow_bhoy @ Tue, 10 Sep 2013 - 19:31) *
QUOTE (Jlc @ Tue, 10 Sep 2013 - 15:28) *

Yeah thats what I thought- but that link confirms that this is a parking offence, and should therefore be £30 as the OP has now had confirmed by the force.

Indeed - it's a bit of a web to follow...
Phate06
I will try and get a street view pic up I suppose it does not matter wether the building I was in front of is abandoned does it?
I also sent them a picture I took this morning of another vehicle parked in the same spot to show, but that is I suppose neither here nor there
peterguk
QUOTE (Phate06 @ Tue, 10 Sep 2013 - 19:49) *
I suppose it does not matter wether the building I was in front of is abandoned does it?

Correct

QUOTE (Phate06 @ Tue, 10 Sep 2013 - 19:49) *
I also sent them a picture I took this morning of another vehicle parked in the same spot to show, but that is I suppose neither here nor there

Correct
Phate06
Hi sorry for no reply I once again spoke to the police and asked why after I had emailed the details over to them I ha no reply, he couldn't answer that but took the details again and because the officer put the fine down as £50 and for an unnessercary obstruction offence is only £30 they will not be proceeding with the fine. :-)
Jlc
Result. biggrin.gif
Figaro
Maybe we should all now have a moan about the inefficiencies of the Police and their systems. They've managed to balls up the collection of what was in theory a good but of stealth tax! Only joking of course but looking objectively at the situation the rozzer thought there was an obstruction and maybe the dropped kerb was being blocked to wheelchair users or anyone else who has a right to benefit from it being there? Something to consider for all of us when parking as I once made the mistake of blocking a dropped kerb and felt very bad when i saw the consequences of a wheelchair user struggling to get off the pavement.

Anyway, just an observation and general comment not at all suggesting the OP had done this.

The reason I like this forum so much is that the varied posts and topics teach us all how to be better, as well as fighting back. Long live PePiPoo!

As JLC said, Result!!
Phate06
Hi guys

We'll guess what? I receievd a letter through the post from the police saying they had not recieved payment or my case to be heard at court.

I rang them up to complain as it was told over the phone last time that no further action would be taken, whe police officer on the phone looked into it and confirmed the offence I caused was parking on a dropped kerb but no record of my previous call.

She did say they emailed me confirming he offence along with he correct fine amout, I never got the email. I asked her what was going to happen next, she said she will email me later!

10 mins later I get a call back from them and the officer said she had spoken to someone and they will not be taking the matter further, I requested this in writing an I have just recieved an email confirming it.

What a result, but no longer will I park there, lesson learnt

Hi guys

We'll guess what? I receievd a letter through the post from the police saying they had not recieved payment or my case to be heard at court.

I rang them up to complain as it was told over the phone last time that no further action would be taken, whe police officer on the phone looked into it and confirmed the offence I caused was parking on a dropped kerb but no record of my previous call.

She did say they emailed me confirming he offence along with he correct fine amout, I never got the email. I asked her what was going to happen next, she said she will email me later!

10 mins later I get a call back from them and the officer said she had spoken to someone and they will not be taking the matter further, I requested this in writing an I have just recieved an email confirming it.

Hi guys

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.