Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reported for summons on motorway....What now?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
subaru
Hi,

i've found your place whilst seaching on internet.

I was stopped this morning on the motorway for 98.89mph.

The police officer (who I must say was especially nice and friendly....and very attractive..she had a pony-tail  ! )...reported me and wouldn't give me a fixed penalty ticket...as it was over 96mph.

(I thought it was over 100mph that you had to go to court..) icon_redface.gif   Anybody know ?

Anyway...they used some painted squares on the road...I hadn't seen them..but have revisted the area and they are there....

They times me between the two points and it was 98.89mph..

She refused to show me the film and her partner said they didn't have to do...as the tape was continually recording to 'protect them' ? ?  ?

Do I have any hope.......?

Cheers,

Scoobylover...
jeffreyarcher
A stop by two policemen wit a VASAR or Provida; you haven't a hope unless you are quite wealthy and can afford Nick Freeman.
The Rookie
Not sure I agree, if there is video than trying to force disclosure may be enough, that or getting the video and getting it checked, BUT that pre-supposes you weren't ACTUALLY speeding! (i.e. over 70)...its an FPN for upto about 95 (depending on force) but over that its a mags job so they can hit you with a bit more!

Simon
subaru
QUOTE (The Rookie)
Not sure I agree, if there is video than trying to force disclosure may be enough, that or getting the video and getting it checked, BUT that pre-supposes you weren't ACTUALLY speeding! (i.e. over 70)...its an FPN for upto about 95 (depending on force) but over that its a mags job so they can hit you with a bit more!

Simon

Thanks for the reply Simon...

What's disclosure?

I've been told that the video will be made available to me/and my solicitor prior to the court case.
However, I don't know what it will show....

It can't show both of the white squares...as they are a big distance apart...1/5 of a mile the WPC said...

Sub
andy_foster
QUOTE (subaru)
I've been told that the video will be made available to me/and my solicitor prior to the court case.
However, I don't know what it will show....

It can't show both of the white squares...as they are a big distance apart...1/5 of a mile the WPC said...

Indeed. An E180 VHS tape is only 851 feet long - 1/5 mile is 1056 feet.
DW190
Indeed. An E180 VHS tape is only 851 feet long - 1/5 mile is 1056 feet.

Urine Extraction
subaru
not exactly brimming with replies, answers and information...

I thought this place was the top forum to get advice and technical info to get off speeding convictions...

come on....please...
firefly
Hi subaru,

When you are stopped by two officers who have measured you with VASCAR/Provida then you will find it extremely difficult to find any holes in their evidence.

I should know.  :P  :roll:

Unless you fancy an uphill struggle (and it will be), then it may be prudent to take hit.  Sorry to sound negative, but I've not seen many success stories where VASCAR and two coppers are involved.

If you've got a stack of ca$h, then - as suggested - you may wish to contact Nick 'How The F*** Does He Do It' Freeman. icon_question.gif
chadders
QUOTE (JA)
A stop by two policemen wit a VASAR or Provida; you haven't a hope unless you are quite wealthy and can afford Nick Freeman.

A straight-forward and very accurate reply, it's just not the answer you were hoping for.

QUOTE (firefly)
I should know.  Razz  Rolling Eyes

2 cops + VASCAR... me too... icon_redface.gif

You haven't received a summons yet have you? There's not really anything you can do until that happens.

You need to drive like a saint until this is dealt with (i.e. worse case scenario at least you can say in court "no incidences since this one").
subaru
Thanks for the replies...

A couple of questions...

1) Would it have made a difference if there was only one police officer?

2) The cops saw me as i passed by a slip road..(they were parked on the slip road)..I didn't see them...but they told me...It was then about 3 miles further down the road that they stopped me...

So if I was doing nearly 100mph....they would have lost sight of me for some time....perhaps on a couple of occasions....

Is that relevant for my case?

I can't see how they would have read my registration from where they were parked.....but mine was presumably the only vivid blue WRX on the road...

:?
chadders
Whilst there are some basic facts available (eg your speed, how many cops, slip roads, registrations) I think two things to do:

1. Write down your recollection of all the events on paper.
2. Wait for the summons to arrive, then you can post that up (remove identifying marks) along with your recollection of events.

With all of this detail, if there is a chink and possible defence the guys (and girls) will help you, plus it will be useful to take when/if you go see a solicitor.

I know it's stressful, but really, having gone through this myself, there really is nothing you can do at the moment - it's all if's and but's!
Insider
QUOTE (subaru @ Sat, 7 Jan 2006 - 02:49) *
I appeared before the magistrates court this morning...

Nervous as hell...in my only suit.... unsure.gif

My case was on this thread;

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...indpost&p=79865

I left the court with a 2 month driving ban and ordered to pay £500 with £45 court charges.

I'm gutted in some ways.. icon_hang.gif .but relieved in others.. wacko.gif

Thanks for your help and to those that posted advice..

EDIT-Duplicate Thread created dry.gif
chadders
fook that's steep for 98.89mph on a motorway icon_eek.gif

Guidelines are 4 - 5 points, no consideration of a ban... did you put in an early guilty plea? Were you a complete cnut in court or something?

Q: can you appeal convictions, on the basis of them being far too harsh icon_idea.gif
Jase00
That is harsh blink.gif
I got a 42 day ban and 300 squid fine for 119 mph a couple of years ago icon_redface.gif
The Rookie
Did you get done for just speeding, or other offences such as dangerous driving as well, your punishment is way above what could be expected for the offence and could be worth an appeal in itself!

Simon
rooster_uk
If Subaru had of posted his summons bundle. Someone here could have advised him on conducting himself in court.
Without this advice this is what can happen, big fine, big ban.

This is why the learned members on this forum ask so many questions, they are there to help, not hinder your life.

Anyone with a new, similar case to this in the future take heed.
Go to the read this first and answer the questions in a new thread.
Give all the information you are asked for, DO NOT ommit anything (except personal identifying marks)
And keep your 1 and only post on the subject up to date.
If you receive a letter, a phone call, or even a personal visit from anyone in authority over your offence, put it on here, either by scanning or word for word typed out as you remember the convo.

I did all the above and because myself and my partner didn't know who was driving on the day of our offence, upto 5 points and x amount of 's were avoided. It was not a scam to get off, it was genuine and the help from Pepipoo members steered me in the right direction.
chadders
Erm.... as it now transpires, a TRAFFIC COP with a 2 month driving ban... or did our chain get pulled... ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.