Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking Eye - Help
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
bettyboo2604
Hi

I received an (invoice) from Parking Eye last year and on the general advice from sites such as this, sucessfully ignored all Parking Eye's and solicitor letters. Nothing ever came of it.

I have now received 2 letters from Parking eye dated 6/8/2013 and 15/8/2013.

On 31/7/2013 my car was parked at a retail shopping centre for 40 minutes.(no free time allowed) I am a regular shopper at this park and always purchase a ticket. On this occasion i honestly cannot recall what happened but i can only presume that i forgot to purchse the ticket.

I would like to know what my best course of action is as ultimately i am unhappy about the cost of the parking charge notice and admit i was the driver and presume that no ticket was purchased. Can i appeal on this basis?

Can i still ignore?
Will parking eye pursue it?

I'm also sure that i have read somewhere that i cannot appeal to POPLA on these grounds anyway?

I have read lots about court papers being issued ect. Surely this is not happening for every single 'non payer' 'over stayer'??

Thanks

emanresu
It comes down to their "loss".

You should have paid x. So they are now asking for y times the amount - so it is a penalty. You owe the landowner /occupier the cost of the ticket plus reasonable costs - not what they are asking which is why they will fail at POPLA.

Do you have a POPLA code or have you asked for one?
matt285
QUOTE (bettyboo2604 @ Wed, 21 Aug 2013 - 18:56) *
Hi

I received an (invoice) from Parking Eye last year and on the general advice from sites such as this, sucessfully ignored all Parking Eye's and solicitor letters. Nothing ever came of it.

I have now received 2 letters from Parking eye dated 6/8/2013 and 15/8/2013.

I take it those two things are separate?

Can i still ignore?
Will parking eye pursue it?

I have read lots about court papers being issued ect. Surely this is not happening for every single 'non payer' 'over stayer'??

You can still ignore. Parking Eye are keen to take people to court (they have issued more than 1,000 county court claims in one week recently) so you have a reasonable risk that they take you to court. if they win there is a different matter altogether but you will have to defend it there.

I'm also sure that i have read somewhere that i cannot appeal to POPLA on these grounds anyway?

that's true, mitigating circumstances will guarantee you a lose at POPLA. however you can fairly easily put a good appeal together and the likelihood for winning at POPLA is very good.

so make your choice ---

if you want to go down the not-ignore route then do the following:

1) appeal to parking eye without mentioning who the driver was and stating you want to appeal based on their charge being punitive and not representing the actual loss of the landowner
2) they refuse your appeal and issue you with a popla code - you may have to chase them to give you this code
3) you take the matter to popla with a properly worded appeal, there are lots of templates here which you can use to do your own draft and then get back here for feedback.

hope this makes sense,

good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.