Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: M6 (NB) J6 to J8 speeding 24/4/13
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
dickybird
I drive a hire car as a company car. NIP issued by WM Police was sent to hire company 29/4/13, alleged offence (Speed 60mph) in a 50 speed limit Local order s.17(2). (3) & (4) RTA 88 & Sch 2 RTOA 88. Then Staffordshire & WM Police sent NIP to my company 10/7/13 with a different alleged offence of 60 Exceed a variable limit - ACD. and different Section: Local order s.17(2). & (4) RTA 84 & Sch 2 RTOA 88. Then I received a Staffs & WM Police NIP 30/7/13 with the same offence & section as the one that came to my company.

Facts:
I was the driver
M6 J6 to J8 NB was and still is roadworks with fixed 50 mph signs (not gantry), monitored by average speed cameras. When the works are finished, that stretch will be covered by Variable Speed Cameras

Given all of the above, 2 offence descriptions on the 3 NIPs, and the NIP that came to me being seemingly for an incorrect offence, as Variable Speed Cameras aren't yet completed, could anyone please advise where I stand and what to do next? Think I should complete the form stating I was the driver anyway, but what then?

Thanks, and grateful for any help that can be provided.

Cheers
The Rookie
The NIP only has to specify the alleged offence, speeding, it doesn't have to say how you were caught, you are not being disadvantaged, so I see little to help you in the merry go round of details.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.