Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking eye.
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
tellmah
Hello again.

This dropped through the post after i'd overstayed in my local Aldi whilst i was driving the wifes car by 1 hour and 15 minutes. My own fault i know. I didn't use the shop so no point in claiming that.

Parking is free for 1hr and 30 mins

From what i can remember, it is pretty well signed up etc, but the cost of the charge is disproportanate to the time overstayed, so the question is what is the best course of action to defend the excessive charge.

I've looked through various threads but it has me confused as to what action to take, so i thought it better to start a new one to avaoid any confusion.

Thanks.
emanresu
You should appeal the unreasonableness of the amount. Mark it as an appeal and see if they give the POPLA code. Once you have a reply come back to this thread.
tellmah
QUOTE (emanresu @ Tue, 13 Aug 2013 - 10:34) *
You should appeal the unreasonableness of the amount. Mark it as an appeal and see if they give the POPLA code. Once you have a reply come back to this thread.

Thanks for that.

Is there any particular way to word it, or accept i overstayed but that the cost of the charge is disproportonate to the incident?

Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.