Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Iceland Car Park North London
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Sachinpatel00
Hi Guys,

I was sent this in the post the other day. I was taking my mum to shop in Iceland and she took longer than I expected BUT i was in the car the whole time. Any ideas or do I just cough up.

Cheers

EHBA
You have still left a lot of identifiers on the PCN, reg no, date and times. If that gets edited out it is a sub 30 minute stay in what appears to be a P&D shop car park

First off, is it a free car park if you are genuine customer ie you are supposed to pay and display and then claim back the parking fee in store, ie your parking receipt against the shopping bill ?

Did your Mum keep a receipt for her shop or can she show an Iceleand bank/card transaction for the date ? If so your first choice is to get at the manager of the store and get him to call off Excel

Did you stay in the car all the time you were waiting for Mum and did you see any signs ?

Is it easy enough to get back there to take photos of the signage ?
emanresu
If you are well off and £60 is not worth the effort then pay it. Otherwise get Iceland to cancel or tell them to say goodbye to further business from your family.

At the same time, a soft appeal to Excel. For example, you could say that you were not aware of the restrictions because the signs were not clear. They are likely to reject and send you a POPLA code. Come back when you have it.
Sachinpatel00
Hi guys sorry for the delay I have reposted the PCN without the details and went back to take a picture of the sign on the entrance to the car park. As you can see the sign doesnt really make it clear what the terms and conditions are.

I checked with my mum but she doesnt have the reciept as i think she paid with cash whatever she bought.

What annoys me the most is that I was sat in the car the whole time and there were no parking wardens so must have been done entirely remotely.

I read some other posts with regards to Excel a few years ago that they cannot legally chase you for the above PCN. Not sure how true that is anymore.

Does it matter that I was in the car the whole time and hadn't left the vehicle as per a normal definition of 'parking' the vehicle?

Appreciate your help guys

Thanks
kommando
They can chase you but you do not have to pay, appeal to Excel, get rejection with POPLA code and come back to get a POPLA appeal that currently is winning.
Sachinpatel00
Thanks kommando should I just appeal on the basis that the signage was unclear firstly and secondly that we had purchased something from the Iceland store also albeit with no reciept
Sachinpatel00
Hi guys so it turns out that the reciept has now been found...should i try the route of asking Iceland to call off excel first or will it not make the slightest difference anyway to excel?
Sachinpatel00
Bump
emanresu
The advice was in #5. You can include that in your appeal

or will it not make the slightest difference anyway to excel?
Doesn't matter as you will appeal to POPLA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.