Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sending back the forms after the cut off time?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
cocobench
Hi guys

Firstly i got done on the motorway and a letter went to the company which named me as the driver, i received the letter over a month ago now and haven't sent it off, have no points and haven't done the speed awareness... My question is if i send it off now will they accept it or automatically give me more points or a bigger fine for it being late?

Think i got caught doing around 90 yesterday by a camera in the back on a van.. Cheeky sod was parked in a layby on a fairly sharp bend meaning you cant see him till you are round the bend and its too late.

If i ignore any will they go back to the company or owner of the company to which the car is registered?

Regards
oldstoat
Ignoring it will only mean more points and a bigger fine for failure to furnish. Better late than never, to return forms. DO NOT IGNORE
Durzel
If you ignore it you will likely be prosecuted for the Section 172 offence of "Failure to provide identity of driver". Your company has already complied with their legal duty by naming you as the driver. Ignoring these letters seldom works I'm afraid, and is what the S172 exists to deal with.
sgtdixie
Think i got caught doing around 90 yesterday by a camera in the back on a van.. Cheeky sod was parked in a layby on a fairly sharp bend meaning you cant see him till you are round the bend and its too late.

If you got round it at 90 it wasn't that sharp!!!
cocobench
Ok so send the forms off and hope for speed awareness right? And the bend was sharp i just wanted to get passed an idiot swerving all over the gaff. Hopefully they were focused on the inside lane as there was a couple of cars already visible before me.
NeverMind
QUOTE (cocobench @ Tue, 16 Jul 2013 - 07:34) *
Ok so send the forms off and hope for speed awareness right? And the bend was sharp i just wanted to get passed an idiot swerving all over the gaff. Hopefully they were focused on the inside lane as there was a couple of cars already visible before me.

Or, looking at it another way, hopefully they were focused on the muppet overtaking at 90 on a sharp bend wink.gif

What was the limit / speed of the original offence?
Logician
So you have already ignored one s172 notice and now you are thinking of ignoring another if you receive it for yesterday's speeding? The penalty for failing to respond to a s172 request is 6 points and a large fine, so you are risking 12 points and upwards of £1000. 12 points will see you disqualified for 6 months, so that is not really a good idea. A better one is to respond to the first request today and hope that they accept it.
timbstoke
QUOTE (cocobench @ Tue, 16 Jul 2013 - 07:34) *
And the bend was sharp i just wanted to get passed an idiot swerving all over the gaff.

Was it black and yellow with VOSA written on the side?
Pete D
Have you sent back the NIP S172 identifying yourself as the driver. Do it today and get proof of postage. You are rapidly heading for a totting ban. How late exactly are you in sending this back. It is not going to go away so deal with it. Pete D
The Rookie
I see this ending very badly...the OP turns 6 points (or maybe even 3 and a SAC) into 12 and a 6 month ban......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.