Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It Wasn't Me.
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
porl112
I have just received a notice of intended prosecution alleging that I have been caught speeding about a week ago.

Thing is I am pretty sure I wasn't where they say I was. Yet I am the only driver of the vehicle and have the only keys.

They want me to provide details of the driver but I am convinced my car was parked on my drive all day at the time and date of the offense.

Can I request details of the evidence before I provide driver details? Obviously, if it was me then wouldn't they at least have a photo of me? Then I would know and could just provide my details? Because if it wasn't me that means somebody else has cloned my reg and is driving about collecting tickets that are being sent to me? Surely they must have a photo?

Why on earth they don't have to stop people at the time, and find out who is driving, is beyond me. It would make things so much easier!
AFCNEAL
QUOTE (porl112 @ Thu, 11 Jul 2013 - 17:39) *
....Can I request details of the evidence before I provide driver details? Obviously, if it was me then wouldn't they at least have a photo of me? Then I would know and could just provide my details? Because if it wasn't me that means somebody else has cloned my reg and is driving about collecting tickets that are being sent to me? Surely they must have a photo?

Why on earth they don't have to stop people at the time, and find out who is driving, is beyond me. It would make things so much easier!

No - you have no entitlement. But you could write/e-mail and ask for a photograph to assist in identifying the driver - most scammers/forces oblige. Unmanned cameras can't stop people and civilian camera operators have no legal basis to do so............and it wouldn't make any difference anyway.
Gan
Is it somewhere you might have been but on a different date ?

If you've never been near the location, contact them and ask them to recheck the registration.

If you could have been there on a different occasion, wait a couple of weeks before you reply that the car was at home.
This prevents them sending a corrected NIP in time.
Jlc
That's 2 weeks from the date of the offence.

What's the alleged speed and limit?

Do you know what sort of camera? There might be a very good frontal picture of the driver.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.