Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PRIVATE CAR PARK PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Sachinpatel00
Hi Guys,

Found this on my windscreen when attending a wedding party last week in Southall North London. I was told by the venue carpark guy to park in the carpark but didnt check the signs on the way in. Clearly on the way out i realised my error. Any technicalities I can use here?? Appreciate your input.

Thanks

Jlc
You should redact the details - many PPC's monitor this forum.

Wait until the write to the registered keeper - assuming you know who this is.

Some funnies on the back:
PoFA - they have the right to pursue the RK only if they meet the strict requirements - read here.
POPLA available upon request. Request? Not what the code of practice says.

What is un-challenging? What's lawfull?

In any case you will be appealing to POPLA - read up on recent wins.
mjw1
Ignore it. Its not BPA/AOS compliant.
Sachinpatel00
Thanks Guys, i just removed my details hopefully in time!! If i wait for them to write to me does that mean there is an increased charge?? And thanks MJW what does the PCN have to do to be compliant?? Should I just wait and not do anything in either case??
Thanks guys really appreciate it
The Slithy Tove
The PCN fails to conform to Protection of Freedoms Act in several ways, despite it claiming it's issued under that Act.
- No location specified (a number isn't good enough)
- No period of parking
- No creditor specified.
This means they cannot hold the keeper liable, only the driver. So don't tell them who the driver was.

If the car is registered to you, wait till you get the Notice to Keeper through the post before starting the appeals process. They are bound to have made more fatal errors there.
Sachinpatel00
Thank you slithy
Jlc
QUOTE (Sachinpatel00 @ Thu, 11 Jul 2013 - 19:17) *
Thanks Guys, i just removed my details hopefully in time!! If i wait for them to write to me does that mean there is an increased charge?? And thanks MJW what does the PCN have to do to be compliant?? Should I just wait and not do anything in either case??

You'll be fine.

They'll send a notice to keeper - worth waiting for to see how bad it is.

The notice should be compliant with the PoFA to pursue the keeper - see here. Needs to be compliant here to legally pursue.

Also the BPA Ltd Code of Practice here. Has to be compliant here otherwise it's a complaint.

Ignoring is one option but wait for the NtK regardless. Yes, you'll 'lose' the early discount but as you're not going to be paying it anyway it doesn't matter.
Sachinpatel00
Thanks Jlc and thanks guys really appreciate the input
Salmosalaris
Oh dear
SchoolRunMum
It is a terrible ticket, grammatically shocking as well - almost as if these PPCs are all illiterate ex clampers...
Gan
QUOTE (SchoolRunMum @ Fri, 12 Jul 2013 - 01:03) *
It is a terrible ticket, grammatically shocking as well - almost as if these PPCs are all illiterate ex clampers...

The website's also amusing

I like the description that their wardens all carry signage
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.