Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What will my punishment be?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
CrazyDaizy
Hello, I had no idea I'd gone over a Speed Camera in Wales (Ponterwyd) until I received a Notice of Intended Prosecution today. I was doing 39 in a 30 mph zone (I am from England, not sure if that makes any difference) I have to reply within 28 days of who the driver etc was as "failure to supply this information will incur a penalty of 6 points and fine on conviction."

So, I'm returning the letter. Then what? Do I get another letter from them with details of my "punishment"

BaggieBoy
Most probably an offer of a speed awareness course, assuming you haven't done one in the last three years. Worst case is a fixed penalty of 3 points and £60.
CrazyDaizy
QUOTE (BaggieBoy @ Tue, 9 Jul 2013 - 20:00) *
Most probably an offer of a speed awareness course, assuming you haven't done one in the last three years. Worst case is a fixed penalty of 3 points and £60.

Yes that's what I thought. And will I have to go to Wales for this Course, or will there be one local to me?

It's scary because the NIP says I might get 6 points on my licence and a conviction, but this is IF I don't reply to the letter within 28 days. What if it gets lost in the post huh.gif

Nope, never been on a speed awareness course.
Jlc
Yes, they are in the national scheme so you'll be able to take one more local.

Yes, they do get lost in the post - look at some posts on here, it's not that unusual...
Kickaha
Make copies of everything you send, and get proof of postage.
squaredeal
QUOTE (CrazyDaizy @ Tue, 9 Jul 2013 - 19:36) *
It's scary because the NIP says I might get 6 points on my licence and a conviction, but this is IF I don't reply to the letter within 28 days. What if it gets lost in the post huh.gif

Once your NIP response is received and processed it will trigger the next stage in the process - a COFP / SAC option.
If you don't receive this within 2-3 weeks (allowing for backlogs) chase it up.
It's the drivers who bury their heads in the sand and hope they've been forgotten about when no COFP turns up that live to regret their inaction.
Logician
QUOTE (Jlc @ Tue, 9 Jul 2013 - 20:39) *
Yes, they do get lost in the post - look at some posts on here, it's not that unusual...

Or at least it is claimed they were lost in the post, or the original request was!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.