Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speed Camera Changeover - Flashed at me
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
dontbeefkeith
Hi all,

I know this is my first post but am hoping someone can help - I'm feeling a bit stupid!

I was on a 60mph limit dual carriage way and I went through a GATSO type speed camera at about 70-75mph. The thing is, the speed camera was just in the process of being lifted into position by the engineer. The camera definitely went off twice, even though it wasn't up to it's full height (probably was at round about chest to head height). I'm guessing the two pictures will be at different elevations or positions.

Does anyone think I will be receiving a NIP and if I do will I be able to contest it based on the camera not being correctly in position?

Hope someone can put my mind at ease!

All the best smile.gif

DBK
CuriousOrange
You can only wait and see. I doubt though that you'll hear anything - at that height and while being moved around it's pretty unlikely that they'll have suitable photos for the required secondary check.

Oh, and in terms of waiting: provided hat the vehicle's V5C has your correct name and address on it and wasn't issued recently, if you hear nothing within 14 days you're in the clear.
The Rookie
We have had action taken from a half raised Gatso on here before.....

Time will tell.
nemo
QUOTE (dontbeefkeith @ Tue, 2 Jul 2013 - 09:40) *
I'm guessing the two pictures will be at different elevations or positions.

The housing wouldn't move very far in 500 (or 700) milliseconds.
mrh3369
The most interesting point will be if the photographs have picked up the secondary check, if they have then it could become very interesting.
nemo
QUOTE (mrh3369 @ Tue, 2 Jul 2013 - 13:55) *
The most interesting point will be if the photographs have picked up the secondary check, if they have then it could become very interesting.

For the secondary check to be undertaken, it would only require the offending vehicle to be in both snaps..
norahl
QUOTE (dontbeefkeith @ Tue, 2 Jul 2013 - 09:40) *
Hi all,

I know this is my first post but am hoping someone can help - I'm feeling a bit stupid!

I was on a 60mph limit dual carriage way and I went through a GATSO type speed camera at about 70-75mph. The thing is, the speed camera was just in the process of being lifted into position by the engineer. The camera definitely went off twice, even though it wasn't up to it's full height (probably was at round about chest to head height). I'm guessing the two pictures will be at different elevations or positions.

(1) Does anyone think I will be receiving a NIP (2) and if I do will I be able to contest it based on the camera not being correctly in position?

Hope someone can put my mind at ease!

All the best smile.gif

DBK

(1) You may do.
(2) You could but the vertical position of the camera will make little difference. If the secondary check is visible then you will have difficulty in challenging it on the height as you would need to show what difference the housing not being fully raised has made. What difference do you think it has made?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.