Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 108 on the A16
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
DamianP
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and would like some advice if anyone can help. On Sunday I got pulled over and ticketed by a plain clothes motorbike doing 108 on the A16 in Lincolnshire. I have never seen the kind of device that was used to clock my speed from the layby on the otherside of the road. The device looked like a pair of large chunky binoculars. I have been issued a green from at the side of the road when I presented my liecense (a mistake I know) and told the matter will go off for consideration but I had better prepare my self for court. However, I have noticed that my registration is incorrect on the paperwork that I have been given does this give me any form of out? If not can someone recommend a good solicitor I need my liecense for my job and to take my mother to cancer treatments when she needs.

Thanks in advance
Jlc
The numberplate 'error' doesn't help you.

That speed is definitely a court visit. However, it is not a guaranteed ban.

Use the following calc to get an idea:

A guilty plea will see the fine discounted by 33%. Costs around £80 and a surcharge of 10% of the fine.

To be honest unless you have some specific doubts about the measurement then a guilty plea is your only option. A solicitor is unlikely to help a lot with a straight guilty plea. Probably better to save the cash for the fine.

If you do receive a ban it will be for a matter of weeks but you given your circumstance you should be able to steer them towards 6 points. (Assuming you aren't up for a totting ban, i.e. currently have 6 points or more? Or a 'new driver'?)
CuriousOrange
If it makes you feel any better, presenting your licence wasn't a mistake at all. Not presenting it wouldn't have made you any better off.
DamianP
Thanks folks. I have a clean liecense and have not been pulled over for over 10yrs just an unlucky moment after overtaking slower moving traffic... I'm surprised that having the wrong registration on the paperwork isn't more of an issue to be honest. I don't think the device used had any photographic facility but I can't be sure.
Jlc
QUOTE (DamianP @ Tue, 2 Jul 2013 - 10:21) *
I'm surprised that having the wrong registration on the paperwork isn't more of an issue to be honest. I don't think the device used had any photographic facility but I can't be sure.

It's a minor error that can be corrected at court if need be. Photographic 'evidence' is not required either - the officer has corroborated his opinion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.