Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MET PARKING IN MCDONALDS
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
vivoom
Hi,

I was wondering how trumpton had got on with the letters?

I have 2 fines for 2 different incidents a month apart! I have not noticed the signs in this McDonalds drivethru. This particualr Mcdonalds has a soft play area I met a friend there on 2 occasions with some other friends of hers, so there was quite a few of us, so by the time we got a seat and the kids ran off excited to see each other and play in the soft play area. We then ordered some food and then they went to play again then they came back and we then got deserts and coffees etc. Me being unaware there is a time limit! of 90 minutes!! The car park is so busy with pedestrians and people going to the drivethru and people reversing and parking I was just concentrating on getting my twins in the building in one piece without being run over not looking round for signs. Oh yes forgot to say on the first occasion it was throwing it down with rain so the kids had their hoods on and me an umbrella up all with our heads down.

Anyway out of the mums that were in there with me for same length of time or longer not one of them got a ticket but I did? both times. I called the parents and they say they are in there every week more a less and for min 2-3hrs and never get a ticket........and again why me. I have just had a letter thru saying about another incident on 17/5 since the last 2 times I have not gone into the building just used the drive thru!

I am on the notice of intended court action-unpaid parking charge of £150 the litigation Manager on this one is Anne Stone this time!
kommando
If you have receipts and/or have a regular history of usage I would take them to the McDonalds manager and politely demand for these speculative invoices to be cancelled. Be firm but polite and do not be afraid to gently threaten that you and a number of regulars will stop using them if no action is taken, add in that the local papers would be very interested too. Do not get angry or abusive just stay calm but do not take thing like 'We will get back to you' or other fob offs, you want a written assurance they will be dealt with.

Come back with how you get on, Aldi's Facebook page is awash with similar complaints so it can be dealt with.
vivoom
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I don't hold up on a response from them on Facebook as someone went on the McDonalds uk page and they just got slagged off for taking so long to eat a McDonalds! what my gripe is why offer a soft play area, computers and colouring facilities if you just want to get kids in and out of the door. I wouldn't mind as much if it was there to stop people using it to park and go shopping but there is no shops around it there is a travel lodge and a BP garage and they have their own parking and down the road Sainsbury's and they also have their own parking! it driving me mad! x

kommando
If you get no joy come back, there are other ways but not quite so easy.
kommando
If you do need to go the appeal route, a very simialr case here with good advice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.